So i just played a Soldano SLO100 Super Lead Overdrive Head and i liked it alot, but i just wanted to get your opinions on this. Like is it worth it, and is it sturdy, that kind of thing. I play hardcore punk, and some indie stuff, so would you recommend this, or would you say a mesa or marshall or something is better.
Thanks in advance.
YES!!!!!

You'll have a hard time finding an amp that's better built than a Soldano, and you'll have a lifetime warranty on everything other than the tubes and transformers (which speaks worlds about the company's confidence in their own product).

Tone is completely subjective and you should invest in a sound that works well for you, regardless of how much certain people talk up certain products. Some people find their sound with Marshall, some with Mesa, some with other boutique names such as Bogner and Splawn, but this shouldn't sway your judgment when you find an amp that works for you.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
You two above me can't be serious...

The SLO is a great amp, but I honestly wouldn't buy it if I was going to use it for the genres you play.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
...but I honestly wouldn't buy it if I was going to use it for the genres you play.

Once again, tone is completely subjective. Personally I think you'll be surprised at the level of versatility the SLO has to offer. It's not a "one trick pony" by any means. Of course it'll do high gain stuff like little else, but the depth of it's slightly broken up tones on the clean channel are a major selling point, as is it's moderate gain hot rodded Marshall tones with the overdrive channel's preamp setting at five or six.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
Once again, tone is completely subjective. Personally I think you'll be surprised at the level of versatility the SLO has to offer. It's not a "one trick pony" by any means. Of course it'll do high gain stuff like little else, but the depth of it's slightly broken up tones on the clean channel are a major selling point, as is it's moderate gain hot rodded Marshall tones with the overdrive channel's preamp setting at five or six.

I wasn't saying that it wouldn't be good for what he plays, but merely, for that much money, there's other amps for those genres I'd rather have.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I wasn't saying that it wouldn't be good for what he plays, but merely, for that much money, there's other amps for those genres I'd rather have.

Such as?