Page 1 of 2
"Do not attempt to dry iPod with an external heat source, such as a microwave oven or hair dryer." - From the iPod Manual

Ok. First off. Who would have actually thought to dry their iPod in a microwave. What the hell. I mean seriously.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
ok you just got to realize how many dumbasses there are out there, apple is just covering theyre asses, its on everything
like on peanut packaging warning ppl with nut allergies that theres nuts in there
kinda makes me sad to be in a country where theres people this stupid

Edit: Ibanezplayer what the hell is your avatar, it looks amazing
You are now blinking manually
Quote by Keyphur
ok you just got to realize how many dumbasses there are out there, apple is just covering theyre asses, its on everything
like on peanut packaging warning ppl with nut allergies that theres nuts in there

A peanut is not a kind of nut.

But yeah, people are stupid.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
They have to protect their company from liability, dude.

All it takes is one stupid asshole to bring a multi-million-dollar lawsuit against Apple.

Most people have common sense. But all it takes is one person...
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
My favorite is : Do not attempt to stop saw blade with hands or genetalia.
Did you know on the back of the Pop Tarts box it says heat in mcrowave for 3 seconds. Weird eh?
idk, my bff tyra banks.
there's warning lables like that everywhere:

Clothing Iron-"Do not iron clothes while wearing"

Children's scooter "product moves while used"

Knife- "Keep out of children" (that one is a typo, but its still a good laugh)

Baby Stroller- "Do not fold stroller while occupant is still inside"

It rediculous, but thats America for you.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by iceman_8319
It rediculous, but thats America for you.

It's not only America, they put them on stuff over here too, but i get what you're saying.
haha yea anyone here hear about the old woman that suied an RV company?

well if you have dont read this if you have read this its a little funny.
an elderly woman was driving in her RV somewhere in the US and she got hungry. So she put the thing in automatic and went into the back and made herself a sandwhich. Now as we all would expect the RV crashed and she got injured. the thing she ingaged, all it does is maintain the same speed or something like that and of course its common knowledge that a car can't drive itself, no? but she still suied the RV manufacturers and got buckets full of money.

thats just one story but there are millions like it in the US and no where else in the world.
Quote by Zakkmann
thats just one story but there are millions like it in the US and no where else in the world.

There are probably hundreds of stories like that, actually, and it happens all over the world
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
The reason they put those stupid warnings in the manual is because someone, somewhere, has been stupid enough to fry his ipod in the microwave, then sue apple for not telling him to avoid doing so. As mentioned by every user above me, people are bloody stupid lol
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
Quote by Keyphur

I don't mean to be a dickhole, but Peanuts aren't nuts, they're legumes.
It's not as bad as putting your dog in a microwave to dry it off. Yes, someone did that.
Quote by shakes23
It's not as bad as putting your dog in a microwave to dry it off. Yes, someone did that.

i tried, my dog isnt small enough to fit in the microwave
Wait a second.. Who the **** reads an iPod manual?! Why were you reading the iPod manual..?
Quote by paulvxD
Wait a second.. Who the **** reads an iPod manual?! Why were you reading the iPod manual..?

seeing if there was a way to stop it failing every 20 minutes
Quote by paulvxD

Bored on the Apple website.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by deliriousmouse
seeing if there was a way to stop it failing every 20 minutes

Just smack it against your couch or your hand a few times.. Duh
Quote by paulvxD
Just smack it against your couch or your hand a few times.. Duh

and what? ruin my expensive couch? **** you!
Quote by deliriousmouse

haha
Quote by Keyphur
Edit: Ibanezplayer what the hell is your avatar, it looks amazing

a headshot in the xbox 360 game gears of war.

sniper ftw!
not stupid as such, but on the sunvisor of my bros car (passenger side) it reads 'do not secure baby in front seat as death could occur', or something to that affect.

perhaps they mean that in an accident, babies have a higher chance of survival if they arnt strapped in, makes sense
my friends brand new dean razorback had a sticker on the back which had a bin with a cross on it meaning "do not put in bin"...im sure heaps of people spend thousands of dollars on guitars to put it in bin :P
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
You would be surprised.

I think I would
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
my dad tried to dry his hands free car kit thing in the microwave once. major luls were had.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
If I wanted to read excessive ammounts of text I'd have read erotic literature, not wikipedia.
Not all of the stupid warnings are there for stupidity as much as they are for people trying to find a get rich quick scheme. There was a lady who sued a subway company in New York a while back because she got hit by a train. She was awarded 19,000,000 USD. At the end of the day though, the court decided to cut it down to 16,000,000 USD. Why? Right before she got hit by the train, she was laying on the tracks trying to commit suicide.

That being said, it also backfires a lot. There was another lady in Arizona who thought up a scheme based on the McDonald's coffee warning suit (The one where she 'didn't know' that the coffee was hot because of the lack of warning on the cup). She decided to "accidentally" spill some hot chili on herself while driving. What did she get? A nice fine due to the fact that there is a law against that in Arizona.

At the end of the day though, most of the stupid warnings are just from companies' fear that someone will try and make an easy million off of them from one the lack of a warning. The bad thing about all these warnings is that it's slowing down natural selection. Some people don't need to be in the gene pool if they have to have a warning telling them not to iron their clothes while wearing them...

EDIT: I'll see if I can provide the links for both of those stories. The first one I read in a book, and the second was one that my dad told me about.
2 1 1 0
8 1 0 5
0 0 9 6 2 2 5 1
Warning labels are there for two reasons: Some idiot did it, or people are trying to get rich.

We should get rid of warning labels and let natural selection take its course.
They just don't want you to do that because they know putting your microwave on defrost and setting it for 60 seconds will give you 80 more GB to store music. They don't want you to know that you don't have to buy a 60 GB, you can just microwave your Nano.
Quote by ibryant0915
They just don't want you to do that because they know putting your microwave on defrost and setting it for 60 seconds will give you 80 more GB to store music. They don't want you to know that you don't have to buy a 60 GB, you can just microwave your Nano.

So if I stick my head in the microwave......................bzzz.................................................................................
...................................................................Hello, I'm Einstein, kneel before me.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
there is NOTHING wrong with drying electronics with a hairdryer, so long as certain precautions are maintained.

god, apple sucks. what idiots.

as for microwaves...welllll...anyone who puts an iPod in a microwave is either a genius or deserves to get hit by bits of exploded iPod.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
That's exactly what I'm saying. But first you'd basically have to slam your head in the microwave door so it'd close, which would cut off your head... so for the seven seconds your head could still think for itself, you'd be the smartest person alive.
Unless you were intelligent enough to jam a piece of something in the door catch to out-think the clever bastard, but then you probably wouldn't be doing it in the first place.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
...actually, do they expect people to take their iPods swimming or something? i mean, i know i like to dip my phone in cocktails when i go out, but i thought was just me.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
Quote by deliriousmouse

another mouse!

*runs in circles*

are you really a mouse or do you just see mice because you are delirious? HUH?
<//////>~ dA
Well, if you think thats bad:

iTunes ELA:
"THE
APPLE SOFTWARE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR
COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, LIFE SUPPORT MACHINES OR OTHER EQUIPMENT IN WHICH THE FAILURE
OF THE APPLE SOFTWARE COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE."

"You also agree that you will not use these
products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or
production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons."

How the hell do you use iTunes to make nuclear weapons?
Page 1 of 2