Alright Ive searched and found a few posts but I need a few more specifics.... if someone wouldnt mind getting me straight on these few things. I decided I wanted to put this mod on a push pull 500k pot on my sg, I thought it would be an interesting mod.

So I was gonna grab a pushpull pot from stewmac, and two of the 1N5818 diodes. But im not too khttp://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=53
UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com - Post New Threadnowledgable on the different types of capacitors. I was hoping someone would tell me if these would work, and if not, which ones to get. Especially when there are the different types... I believe gibson already used the disc type, but if someone could confirm this that'd be great

http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=140-50V5-224Z-RCvirtualkey21980000virtualkey140-50V5-224Z-RC

as for my wiring diagram I was gonna use...
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Black_Ice_overdrive/1/Black_Ice_Overdrive/Instructions/I-5065.html#details
Push/Pull Pot Custom Wiring Options #2
it seems like the easiest for what I want to do.

I dont really understand the Push/Pull Pot Custom Wiring Options #1, there are the 6 connectors to the side, im not sure what thats suppose to go to?

Also when it shows the connections from the top three to one of the lower 6 (where its connecting to itself) what would be the best way to connect those? some 24 guage wire maybe?

as always thanks
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Oh and one more thing I noticed if anyone could give me any advice...

gibson wiring diagram

Push pull diagram ill be using

If you look at the capacitor in the gibson wiring diagram, it is connected to the volume pot, where as in the stewmac black ice mod diagram, its attached to ground. Do I follow the same thing? But i just leave the capacitor attached to the volume pot? its obviously should have the same effect.... right?
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
just follow the black ice schematic and it should work, from what I see it is just a diode clipper. for capacitors you probably want to get some nice film ones, but most guitars use cheaper ceramic disc ones. the difference in very subtle though.
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
Follow the second pic you've got up there. The first schematic, don't worry about that. As for the cap, Orange Drops are apparently really good if you're replacing the tone cap. You can just use the old one, though.
alright cool, i guess I can change the wiring inside my guitar a bit then.

Cool ill look into the orange drop, they are a little more money then the ceramic disc ones, but I mine as well, only 70 cents, I might just go ahead and replace my other ones, haha.

but im not too familiar with the affects of different types of materials. with the orange drop ones there are

• Film Suppression Capacitors (6)
• Polyester Film Capacitors (84)
• Polypropylene Capacitors (171)

on mouser. I was thinking about going for the polypropylene one, or maybe the polyester one?

As always thanks for the advice
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
^polypropylene caps. made by vishay/sprague.

should be around $0.70.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
well the cheapest I could find them was for $1.40... but anywayz, one last question and them im ready to go, which is better for this application

an axial, or a radial style capacitor? does it matter?

as always I hope im not asking to many questions but im pretty sure this is the last :P
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Nah, it doesn't really matter. It's just a matter of where the leads come out. One an axial, they're coming out from the ends. On a radial, it's both from one end. I suppose you should choose based on how easy it'll be to fit in.