besides re indexing the pot, how can you get the maximum sweep from a wah. i saw a thread a year ago saying that a wah had this much
-------------------------------------------
sweep and that a wah you buy from a shop only has this much
--------(--------------)-------------------
sweep.
does anyone know how to maximise it?
Sigs are too hard to think up
just switch out the Q resistor in your wah for a different one according to your taste, without telling us which wah nobody can help.
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
the sweep cap values would change that from
---(------------)----------- to
------(------------)-------- or sumtin.

a Vocal mod would do:
-(--------------)----------- kind of like that.

bass boost mod would do:
---(---------------)--------

and if u shave off the rubber stopper at the heel:
---(------------------)----- it would be nice with the bass boost. without it, the heel down position sounds really hollow.

that's all i know. and from this, my wah has maximum sweep hahaha.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
its a dimebag wah. what do you mean shave off the rubber stopper? take it off?
Sigs are too hard to think up
shave it with a knife. u don't need to take it off. but u can shave it off. and post a pic of the inside too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
this thread is from like 3 months ago btw.

which wah do you have? crybaby original? if so, which PCB design?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
It's a Lyon. Close enough, if not exactly like Crybaby revisions E/F/G. I decided to use pots instead of trimmers, so I just need info on how to replace a resistor with a pot (I think I know how, but just wanna confirm it), and I need to know which resistor is the Treble resistor; I found the Volume, Bass/Gain, Mid, and Q resistors.

edit: I think it's the 470K in series with the inductor and .001 cap?
treble resistor? never heard of that before... and there is no .001uF cap in a crybaby circuit.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Then what's that? Hmm... must be a typo?

Anyway, I need some help with what I already have... I uber-modded this today and I don't think something is quite right. I'm having trouble with the Q pot; it's either no sweep or full 'vocalness'. The Level (a.k.a. Volume) pot doesn't work right, either. It's either low volume or full volume. Not much difference, either. The Mid pot malfunctions just like the Q pot. Did I wire the pots wrong or am I using the wrong values or what? Many thanks for the help.

Pardon the low quality; my camera takes pics too dark. I did all I could to fix it.
crybabies should have .22uF caps around the wah pot.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Yeah, kurt. That's what I did...

I have another Crybaby schem (GCB95) and it looks really different from this one (besides the fact that it includes the input buffer). I guess I'll trash this one. Also, I've always wondered: Why did they bother using a "Zero-ohm resistor" when it's prolly cheaper and easier to just use a jumper or connect the traces?

Soooo...nothing?

I replaced the Q pot with a DP3T rotary switch (has 33k, 68k, and 100k resistors on it) and upped the Level pot to 250k. I think that'll work. Still dunno about the Mid pot. May just need to reduce it from 5k to 3k.

The Bass pot is 1k instead of 500 ohms (what it should be) and it makes some freakin' wierd sounds, like something you'd find as a preset in a floor processor. I like it. If you are interested, I will try to upload sound clips.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Feb 12, 2008,
tagged
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
For the pot mods that I did, was I supposed to connect the unused lug to the wiper? I know that's how voltage dividers are wired...

edit: also, I finally finished tracing the PCB, so if you need a schem, I can post it. It's exactly like a GCB95, but with a couple of slight differences (prolly copied from a V847).

If I can't get this to work, I'll use the parts to build a Vox Clyde clone, since I found a schem the other day.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Feb 25, 2008,