BODY Construction Neck-Thru Guitar Construction Options Seven String Guitar

Body Description Kelly Body Wood Basswood

Top Wood Options None Body Binding (Front) None

Body Binding (Back) None Other Body Options None

Body Scalloping None

NECK Neck Description Jackson Style Headstock Regular

Neck Wood Quartersawn Maple Neck Option Standard

Fingerboard Wood Ebony Fingerboard Inlays (Mother of Pearl except where noted)

Dots

Fingerboard Inlay Options None Nut Width Seven String Guitar: 1 7/8"

Butt Width Seven String Guitar: 2 9/16" Scale Length Guitar: 25.5"

Number of Frets Guitar: 24 Fret Wire Jumbo

Fret Scallops None Neck and Head Binding None

Neck and Head Binding Color None Neck and Head Binding Options None

Neck Back Shape Speed - like KV-2

PARTS Bridge Original Floyd Rose Bridge Recess (Floyd Rose bridges only) Standard

Tremolo Recess

Nut Locking Jack Location Side of Body

Jack Type Oval Plate Strap Buttons Standard Jackson 17mm

Tuners Grover Hardware Color Chrome

Knobs Metal Dome Pickguard and Control Mounting No PG - Rear-loaded Controls

Battery Cavity None Truss Rod Cover Standard

CONTROLS Pickup Route 2 HUM Pickup Bezels None

Active Electronics None Covered Pickup No

Pickup Options (specify precise model desired below) Dimarzio (most models) Volume

Control Knobs One

Tone Control Knobs One Knob Options Metal Dome

Other Controls None Pickup Selector 3-Way Toggle

Other Switches None

FINISH Color / Finish Snakeskin (Front and Back) Finish Options (for solid-color

Rhoads, Kelly, and King V only) None

Neck Finish Standard Pickup Finish None

Headstock Type Standard Headstock Color Match Body Color

Headstock Options None Logo Color Pearl

Case Any SKB Case

OTHER

COMMENTS DiMarzio DP700 Blaze 7-String Neck Pickup (black) DiMarzio DP704

Evolution 7-String Pickup (Black)

That's what I came up with, under the Jackson custom shop form.

I'm not doing it for sure, I just did it because I was curious.

Anyway, how much do you think it would be?

I've tried other custom shops, but most of them won't do OFRs, explorer like shapes either.

it's even harder to find a 7 string guitar with OFR. T_T ;(
more or less with what ECistheBest said...
whats this for?
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

T_T I guess it's worth it.

I've been wanting a guitar that can do it all... 7 strings, 24 frets, OFR etc. I like it to be very versatile. It would be my guitar for years to come. even if it's going to take a little while to get.
Quote by nan0
T_T I guess it's worth it.

I've been wanting a guitar that can do it all... 7 strings, 24 frets, OFR etc. I like it to be very versatile. It would be my guitar for years to come. even if it's going to take a little while to get.

*jumps in thread*

*jumps out thread*
Quote by silentdob
*waits for the legion of Dimebag fans to beat me to death with bottles of Jack*
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
can I get more information on the first guitar please?

and I already tried carvin.

my dad has a Fender Strat, a wolf gang, and my brother has a strat bass. I'm kinda of sick of the strat shape so I don't want one shaped like that. I rather have an explorer like shape, and carvin doesn't have anything like that. They're stratocaster rip off 7 strings don't interest me.
Carvin "stratocaster ripoffs" are anything but. Try playing one.

I could be crazy, but I'd never pay $2500 because I was tired of strat-shaped guitars. That being said, I did spend $200 on an Ibanez destroyer because I was bored of strat shaped guitars, but thats a slightly lower price point.

For the cost you're looking at, it might be cheeper to get a body and neck off of Warmouth, (they'll rout for you) and get a local shop or guy to build it. Not sure if you can get 7 string stuff off of Warmouth, though. Mabye guy a seven string and get it rebuit by somebody? There's got to be a cheeper way to get a OFR equiped 7 string.
Quote by nan0
can I get more information on the first guitar please?

and I already tried carvin.

my dad has a Fender Strat, a wolf gang, and my brother has a strat bass. I'm kinda of sick of the strat shape so I don't want one shaped like that. I rather have an explorer like shape, and carvin doesn't have anything like that. They're stratocaster rip off 7 strings don't interest me.

Goodluck finding an explorer 7 string.

Your going to spend quite a bit getting someone else to do that. My advice, do it yourself if you have the time. It will come out infinitely cheaper and to exact spec...

or if you dn have too much time, carvin can make you up a neck for the nec through(it will have the central collumn so it wont be a bolt on style neck) and then you can do the body yourself.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Carvin "stratocaster ripoffs" are anything but. Try playing one.

I could be crazy, but I'd never pay $2500 because I was tired of strat-shaped guitars. That being said, I did spend $200 on an Ibanez destroyer because I was bored of strat shaped guitars, but thats a slightly lower price point.

For the cost you're looking at, it might be cheeper to get a body and neck off of Warmouth, (they'll rout for you) and get a local shop or guy to build it. Not sure if you can get 7 string stuff off of Warmouth, though. Mabye guy a seven string and get it rebuit by somebody? There's got to be a cheeper way to get a OFR equiped 7 string.

Lol, I meant rip off, about the shape. I'm really tired of the shape and I don't want a guitar that I'm going to have for years to look exactly like the other ones I have.

anyway, I tried warmoth, both of the bodies are similar to strats -_- and the headstocks are horrible.

you can't get an explorer 7 string from them. T_T