Ok, well I'm really interested in the Fulltone OCD, but unfortunately, it's impossible for me to play one before I buy it because all shops around me that carry Fulltone don't carry the the OCD and it needs to be special ordered, which means I'd need to pay the full price upfront just to be able to try it out.

Now, I've tried many ODs and would really like to know how it stacks up against them and what makes it different from the others.

The ones I'd like to compare them to would mostly be:

Ibanez TS-808/TS-9
Maxon OD-808/OD-9
BBE Boosta Grande

I'd be running it through my 5150 and F-30 in the gain channels to tighten up the sound a bit.

Anyone?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Aww, I was hoping this would be about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
I suffer from it, and it's **** annoying.
Routine sucks. But at least I have some liminal control.

Anyways, yeah...
Quote by Tummaenkeli
Aww, I was hoping this would be about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
I suffer from it, and it's **** annoying.
Routine sucks. But at least I have some liminal control.

Anyways, yeah...

lol same, except the suffering from it part
You are now blinking manually
Against an Ibanez TS808/TS9 ri

The OCD is much fatter and natural sounding. The TS's can easily lose a lot of bass and bottom end and end up being way to screaming and trebly. The OCD does not do this. The TS's also have their own character, sounding like a "regular" OD. The OCD hasn't got a lot of character in it's own. Instead it's quite transparent and sounds as if you had cranked the amp to 10. I have owned a TS9 and own an OCD and prefer the OCD. IMHO it's the best OD ever.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Against an Ibanez TS808/TS9 ri

The OCD is much fatter and natural sounding. The TS's can easily lose a lot of bass and bottom end and end up being way to screaming and trebly. The OCD does not do this. The TS's also have their own character, sounding like a "regular" OD. The OCD hasn't got a lot of character in it's own. Instead it's quite transparent and sounds as if you had cranked the amp to 10. I have owned a TS9 and own an OCD and prefer the OCD. IMHO it's the best OD ever.

Yeah, I noticed that on the JSX I was trying some of the tubescreamers out on, it actually took away some of the bass, but it did make the rest of the notes sound more full and just overall better. So you're saying the OCD would make the amp sound more poweramp saturated and tighten up the bottom end without losing any of its booming sound?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Out of the TSers and an OCD I would take the OCD, because IMO its just abit better (although its also more expensive)

But, OCD and TS are both differently toned, idealy it would be sweet to have both in a set-up for different tones
Try some T-Rex, Diamond and other boutique overdrives. There are so many excellent overdrives.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
Try some T-Rex, Diamond and other boutique overdrives. There are so many excellent overdrives.

+1, if you've got the budget, also look at the Lovepedal Eternity OD. It's supposedly amazing. But pricey.
^better than the ocd? mhm..i need to take a look at that

*researches*
cool! andy summer uses it! so im gonna get a pro to test it for me when i go see the police on saturday

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
o_O

nice, nice

i dont need much gain anyway...but the ocd is like..cheaper

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by hendriko
o_O

nice, nice

i dont need much gain anyway...but the ocd is like..cheaper

WAY cheaper. But I think the Eternity is slightly better for the lower gain stuff. I guess it's a thing where, if you had the money, you'd buy a couple of them just to try out and send back. Or have both...
well never tried it but brought my fulltone clyde wah without trying, and this is so sweet compared to all the otherwahs i had. So fulltone definately have a good reputation, and all the hype i heard about the clyde was true, except it arrived from US witha dodgy switch but thats only like £6
Quote by Hakanku
Out of the TSers and an OCD I would take the OCD, because IMO its just abit better (although its also more expensive)

It's actually the same price as the OD-9, which is why I'm in the situation I am, cause it's not like I'd have to spend more on the OCD, I can get both for the same price...

As for the botique ones, I've never seen any of those at any stores around here so that'd be the same as ordering the OCD without playing it.

My budget is, at max, $200. I could spend more, but I don't really want to.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ah, I see^ Im pretty sure over here the OCD is more expensive than the maxon (but then again, everything is in england)

TBH I would choose the OCD over the maxon od8, then the maxon od-8 2nd (I would still love to have both of course though, hee)
If you want to know about lovepedals, talk to Colin (roc*randomnumbers*? The dude with the tube sticky.). But, yeah, I'd take the OCD over a Tubescreamer.

EDIT:
Quote by hendriko
^better than the ocd? mhm..i need to take a look at that

*researches*
cool! andy summer uses it! so im gonna get a pro to test it for me when i go see the police on saturday

My parents saw them when they came here. They were spectacular so they say.
Ben
o_O

OCD's go for around 140-150 USD.

They're pretty cheap.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
ocd is awesome! make sure to order from www.musictoyz.com regardless of where you live. they have the best deal, and cheap shipping to europe (compared to buying one over there) some people also like the zvex box of rock, but its more expensive. I love my ocd, and its staying until i build something better
I'd take a look at the new fulldrive 2's, an OCD and tubescreamer are completely different, OCD sounding a lot better. I say FD2's because they are more of an all around pedal and are more similar to tubescreamers, when i say similar i dont mean sound wise, i mean type of pedal. The OCD is an OD but its not actually a true OD, i dont know what to call it but either way, its an amazing piece of equipment, I'd cry if it was stolen. Fulldrive 2's do a bunch of sounds and can kinda do an OCD but not as good as the actual pedal obviously. Look at fulltone's fat boost as well, that thing after any OD pedal makes it sound twice as good.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Yeah, I'd actually been interested in the Fulldrive too, can anyone explain the major differences between the two?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Iv wanted to know myself about the difference between the fulldrive and OCD^
bump
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Aren't Fulltone OCDs more for classic rock?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Aren't Fulltone OCDs more for classic rock?

Yeah I know, that's more the impression it gave me, but people keep recommending it to me *shrug*
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Maybe they don't what styles do you play? And if the Fulldrive 2 is really a better Tubescreamer, I'd go for that.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by The red Strat.

Thanks!

Quote by aznrockerdude
Maybe they don't what styles do you play? And if the Fulldrive 2 is really a better Tubescreamer, I'd go for that.

Nah, I had clearly stated in a previous thread where I got all the recommendations that I'd be using it to tighten up my 5150 for metal.

I mean, I'd imagine it'd work for anything, but there's no videos or anything online that I can find where someone's actually playing either of these pedals through the gain channel of the amp to see the difference instead of just the clean channel.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 12, 2007,
^I'd record mine for you but of all things to be broken, my mic cable. I went to unplug it 2 days ago and one of the pins broke off inside of the input. If you're using it to tighten up gain i would get the fulldrive 2 mosfet for sure. Reason being it sounds like you don't need too much more gain, and the compcut setting on the fulldrive adds a lot of clarity to the sound, and when you use the boost on the fulldrive, it gets a ton of gain. I really think thatd be perfect for you, better then the OCD.

EDIT: BTW, the Fulldrive sounds so much fatter and more saturated than a tubescreamer, its not even a comparison. All the different settings and sounds makes it incredibly versatile.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Last edited by V12prowler at Oct 12, 2007,
Quote by V12prowler
^I'd record mine for you but of all things to be broken, my mic cable. I went to unplug it 2 days ago and one of the pins broke off inside of the input. If you're using it to tighten up gain i would get the fulldrive 2 mosfet for sure. Reason being it sounds like you don't need too much more gain, and the compcut setting on the fulldrive adds a lot of clarity to the sound, and when you use the boost on the fulldrive, it gets a ton of gain. I really think thatd be perfect for you, better then the OCD.

EDIT: BTW, the Fulldrive sounds so much fatter and more saturated than a tubescreamer, its not even a comparison. All the different settings and sounds makes it incredibly versatile.

Awesome, thanks for the info!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Buy both.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yeah, I'd actually been interested in the Fulldrive too, can anyone explain the major differences between the two?

I A/B'd a Fulldrive 2 w/ my '79 ProCo Rat & found them virtually identical tone-wise(killer). The best thing about the FD 2 is it has WAY more fine adjustment to it, as well as a treble boost (I think?). But that's why it costs twice as much as a Rat.
I haven't tried an OCD yet, & can't find one to try.
I'm probably going to buy an OCD anyway after reading all the positive posts. I've been thinking about it for a while. Thanks for starting the thread, MC!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by riffhog
I A/B'd a Fulldrive 2 w/ my '79 ProCo Rat & found them virtually identical tone-wise(killer). The best thing about the FD 2 is it has WAY more fine adjustment to it, as well as a treble boost (I think?). But that's why it costs twice as much as a Rat.
I haven't tried an OCD yet, & can't find one to try.
I'm probably going to buy an OCD anyway after reading all the positive posts. I've been thinking about it for a while. Thanks for starting the thread, MC!

Did you use it on the gain channel of an amp, or just the clean?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
bump, anyone used either the OCD or Fulldrive on the gain channel of an amp that can tell me how it tightens the sound up?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
bump, anyone used either the OCD or Fulldrive on the gain channel of an amp that can tell me how it tightens the sound up?

I always use it on the gain channel for leads, if you have it on vintage or FM mode, then it will add more gain and make it more dynamic, it tightens it up a little bit but its the CompCut setting that really tightens up the sound and gives it a ton of clarity.
Quote by R_H_C_P

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by V12prowler
I always use it on the gain channel for leads, if you have it on vintage or FM mode, then it will add more gain and make it more dynamic, it tightens it up a little bit but its the CompCut setting that really tightens up the sound and gives it a ton of clarity.

Alright cool, thanks. I always hear people saying they're good pedals, but when asked, they always use them through the clean channel, so that doesn't really give me any idea how it will sound through my amp, since, for the most part, it'll be through the gain channel.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by The red Strat.

interesting!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame