Is it in D standard dropped 1/4 down, or is it in Drop d dropped 1/4 down, it doesn't sound right when i play after the record in d standard, but the riffs sounds very good =)
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
The song is in drop D..
Perhaps your intonation is off just a tad making it not sound right?
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
The song IS in D standard, and my stuff is okay, the solo sounds right, but it sounds off key, that's all, and i know for a fact that it's D standard.
Gear:
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Quote by wyldelife
The song IS in D standard, and my stuff is okay, the solo sounds right, but it sounds off key, that's all, and i know for a fact that it's D standard.

Are you sure its in D standard? I've always played it in drop D and eveyr guitarist I've seen has always played it in drop D. And every tab I've ever seen is drop D,never D standard.
But either way its only the chord shapes that change and not the power chords themselves.

In fact, I'm playing it right now and it sounds fine to me.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
The dime himself, said that he recorded it in d standard, and the riffs and all work great when i play along, but the solo is completly off, i start off by bending 14 and 15 on the G and B string, and an additional bend on the 15 fret on the b string, and it sounds right to me, but on the record, it's completely off...
Gear:
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
The way I Play it(if it were to go down to D standard) would be to bend on the 14th fret G 14th fret B then onto the 15th fret B.

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
When i saw him play it live, it was in Drop D.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999

I agree, he and everyone else always play it in drop D...

Maybe he was lazy while recording to change the tuning?

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
The song is in D standard, end of.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Not to flog it here, but I had a tab book that said it was one and a half steps down and a tad sharp. Almost sounds to me like he tuned to D flat and didn't retune after locking the nut on his Floyded guitar.
Walk IS IN D standard, so is the Solo. Granted Dime tuned slightly flat, but it is still D standard.
The reason is works in Drop D is because you only use the bottom 3 strings for the riffs and they are tuned the same in both tunings.
However the solo uses the higher strings which are tuned differently in D standard to what they are in Drop D
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
It's hilarious that most of you people say "it sounds weird if I play the solo in D standard"... Well, guess what- since most people think it's tuned to drop d (which is wrong), don't you think they'd tab it as such too, hm?

Anyways, since you can't seem to figure it out, here's your solution: Move it two frets.

Oh, another thing almost everybody gets wrong: The main riff is not "0---0-2-1-0".
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Oct 12, 2007,
Quote by IncubusMan999

You can tell a guitar's tuning by just looking at it?!

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

^People are full of bullplop, quite frankly. If someone says "this is in drop d, not d standard. Really, I can tell by listening", you just know they're full of it. You can NOT tell (unless you're Eric Johnson ) The only way you'll ever know for sure is if you can see exactly which fret the gutarist plays on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th strings, and correlate that to which note rings out.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Oct 12, 2007,
I think the song was recorded in c standard. When he played it live I think he plays it in d standard. All this is from the dime clinic video.
Quote by Wolven
So we decided since all we did was play Mortal Kombat and watched Power Rangers, we could defend ourselves, so we went and grabbed a bunch of crap to bombard the thing with.
The song was recorded in D standard (not counting his tendency to downtune an extra 1/4 step). That is absolute tantamount fact, Dime said it himself in an article for Guitar World, published after his death.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Oct 12, 2007,
Quote by p.stick

you can tell by the way someone plays it:P

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by p.stick

What? You can't?! I'm disappointed!

But seriously, I watch videos of him playing it live and the way that he plays the riff (finger positions when playing intro and chorus) indicate that live, he plays it in Drop D. Granted, he may have recorded it in D Standard on Vulgar Display of Power, but live, he definitely played it in Drop D or a dropped tuning.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM