hey guys want a stack for metal music n **** would not have a clue where to start though in stacks. i was thinking somthing in marshall but i honestly wouldent no i like zakk wyldes tone if u guys no anything similer
cheers
Well, you were probably thinking about a Marshall MG or AVT, and that wouldn't get you Zakk Wylde's sound at all. He uses JCM800s, I think. Also, you'll find that a 30 watt valve combo is all that you need. Stacks are not really necessary.

How much do you have to spend on the amp?
kind of probly keep it under 2000 or 1500, i like the sounds that the zakk wylde mini stack offers is there anything with them sounds but in a stack
The Zakk Wylde mini stack is just a Marshall MG with his name on it. The tone isn't great, and for $1500-2000 (I'm assuming it's US dollars?) you can get something a lot better than that.

Maybe you could look for a used JCM800 and put something in front to boost it? Or, if you want to play lots of heavy metal and stuff, look into a Peavey 5150 or something like that. Should have plenty of gain.

And remember, you don't need a stack - a combo will suffice, and will mean that you can get more for your money.
I stand by my usual statement, ENGL will rock your world when it comes to metal music. Never tried anything like them.
Quote by Denthúl
The Zakk Wylde mini stack is just a Marshall MG with his name on it. The tone isn't great, and for $1500-2000 (I'm assuming it's US dollars?) you can get something a lot better than that.

Maybe you could look for a used JCM800 and put something in front to boost it? Or, if you want to play lots of heavy metal and stuff, look into a Peavey 5150 or something like that. Should have plenty of gain.

And remember, you don't need a stack - a combo will suffice, and will mean that you can get more for your money.

Actually, The ZW Mini-Stack is quite a bit better than the Standard MG. But, it's still not that great and it's overpriced. For that kind of money, he sure as hell can get something a lot better than that.

+1 for JCM800(that's what Zakk uses) and 5150(great, as well).

I prefer combos in the low wattage range. But, when it gets up to 50W and above, I prefer stacks. Combos start to get really heavy at that point.

^Also, ENGLs are great(especially if you live in England or Florida).

Don't forget to check out Krank Krankensteins, Bogner Uberschalls, and Mesa Boogie Rectifiers.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
^ Yeah. I don't really see much of a need to go over 30 watts, really. Even if the TS is gigging, it's plenty. A nice little 1x12 would be fine, and for that amount of money there's a lot available.
I got myself a Marshall JCM800 100 watt head some time ago. But I dont need it - its far too loud. Nowadays PAs are so much more prevalent and decent quality that all I need is a Marshall 30 watt, gets a great tone, is loud enough for most bars/pubs anyway and I can actually use it in my house as well as at a gig.