What have I done?

I hate sticky glossy necks.

I wanted a string through that sounded half decent to upgrade from my samick malibu. I hope this does the job.

I could not help myself.

I paid $540 US brand new.

Surely I cant lose?

I feel ill, I am addicted to the pearl binding and tobacco maple.

I guess Im just having that, oh no what have i just bought on impulse feeling.
i really like schecter c1 elites... my friend has one and its pretty fun to play and sounds really good...you should have gone with a strat if you were trying to upgrade from your samick malibu though...
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
True that man, thats why I never use schecters anymore, theres nothing wrong with them, its just personal preference! I almost just impulse bought a caparison, now that would have been a bit of a knock in the bank balance! I would have LOVED the guitar though, no doubt there!
Diezel, Motherfucker
You can oil the neck.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
i hate my malibu, always out of tune, ****e pups, dodgy trem which i never use anyway, narrow upper frets. it was ok for the job i needed. but was starting to put me off playing with the dodge sound and hum it put out. i do love the neck though, and i do love fender necks, i just dont like the sound of them much. i prob should have bought a fat strat to get the bridge growl i like.

well its done now. im an idiot haha
Boo hoo. Glossy necks are only sticky if you let them get dirty. Plus, you should never buy a guitar unless you are sure you want it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
oh well lesson learnt, if it sucks i will sell it.

i hope it doesnt suck.

by the way these things retail for $1700AU in OZ, i know they $1100 less in US.
yeah, i prob just like it or i wont. i have played a few les pauls and sg's and they sucked for me because of the gloss coat. i do like sg's but i couldnt find one with satin neck.

so i try this out, if its no good i try something else.

like i said I paid 1/3 of rrp here in OZ, so worst case i sell it for what it owes me.
you could get a hard tail RG. the 321 is cheap.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
yeah i did look at the RG, but after owning an rg570 i didnt like the neck, to wide and thin for my liking. I dont mind wide if there is support, but when its thin, just feels weird too me.

the elite should sound good though with the semi decent pups in it. better than my malibu pups which the magnets keep falling out of.
Sand the neck down. Beware, it'll absolutely kill the resale value.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
resell it and go look for some other guitars...
every key
every secret

to me, schecters have very "plastic-y" necks. something I don't like.
every key
every secret

they are finished.

thickness wise, between fender and LP.

jumbo frets, nice sustain, great looks, pretty easy to play.

but if you dont like a finished neck then u dont like it.

so if u love it and never want to sell it, smooth the finish off of it.
or experiment with different powders or lubes. yummy
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by fiztech
anyone who owns a schecter c1 can you advise what the neck is like?

dont panic. their awesome guitars. if u keep the neck clean, it wont get so sticky.
i personally would like it to be just a tiny bit thinner but still plays pretty nicely
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
thanks !

im really looking forward to it. so much so instead of waiting a week for delivery im driving 300km to pick it up ;-)

some thing that stays in tune, has good sustain, a little growl, good harmonics and a little versatility is what im after, i think it should fit my bill.

im starting to relax about the impulse buy now because i been eying this guitar up for a year, so its really not that impulse.
didnt realize u didnt have it yet.

ok yeah, just chill you'll probably love it. good luck, here's some eye candy for you.

about 5 yrs old now...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Jen i didnt know u were a schecter girl.

Though you were a tele chick?

Thats some eye candy all right, some kinda exotica?

I love how schecters look half way between fender and ibanez.

I cant wait for Saturday.
I think you got a very nice guitar. I wouldn't worry too much about the stickiness of the neck. In my opinion the best way to deal with a sticky neck is just to play the daylights out of it. I wouldn't sand it or anything. Takes a long time but the neck will feel much more natural that way.
C-1s are really nice man and the necks are some of the best out there, I wouldn't worry about it. My C-1 classic destroys any Fender or Gibson in playability and tone.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
As some people have said (and it doesn't appear that you've noticed them saying it) you can sand off the gloss...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i have noticed, just im not going to ruin aesthetics, if its not for me as is i dont wanna mess with its beauty. im sure it will be fine...
sorry jen thats the plus not exotic?

question, im nervous about having no inlays, is there anyway I can mark the guitar to tell me where i am at?
yeah, thats a diamond series, C1+ with after market (uncovered) duncans. 2001 i think.

are there dots on the side of the board? that's all you need.

you can put the smallest bit of painters tape on the back of the neck behind the 12th, until you get the feel of it.

but you shouldnt need to. after a while you'll get it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 11, 2007,
thanks jenny, your the best !

i not sure if it has the dots. i hope so. but that tape idea is a good one if it doesnt.

i hope i get use to it. im use to a strat neck at the moment, im worried the 25.5 will be too long. i could get a c1 plus instead, but seems a shame as the elite is more expensive hahaha.

i didnt like the length of the my RG neck, im hoping things will feel different this time around.
i just checked the schecter catalogue and the elite has the dots on the side. most guitars have it.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
yeah thanks macaroni, i rang today and checked too. PHEW, a bedroom warrior needs dots at a minimum.

im so stoked, im picking it up tomorrow. i dont suppose anyone wants to see pics? its an amber
you should try to play it before you buy a guitar...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
oh for sure. but not always possible. my schedule limits me big time. but who cares, its not like i just bought a car and hate it, i bought a guitar, if i dont like it, i continue on my destiny to find the right guitar for me.