When I' playing I think I'm getting too much feedback so that I can't hear the notes. CAn anyone help?
If you're getting that much feedback - you're doing it wrong. Just turn down the gain, you can't seriously need that much if it's getting feedback as much as you say
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
by feedback, i mean distortion, not that squelaing noise.

my equipment is:

squier telecaster--->ds-1--->marshall avt150 amp
How high do you have the gain on your pedal and amp? Because you're using a singlecoil guitar, and if you have a lot of distortion then it's going to be noisy...
well, there's 2 single coils, but i have it set so that it uses both pickups, the gain's on full, the treble is on full, the middle is at a 3 and bass at 4, and on the pedal the level(volume) is full and tone + dist are at halfway.
Using the DS-1 on the lead channel of that amp is probably why. Try turning the DS-1 off...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
on the clean channel? but what if i want some distortion, because the other 2 SUCK...
Quote by Ethalopian
well, there's 2 single coils, but i have it set so that it uses both pickups, the gain's on full, the treble is on full, the middle is at a 3 and bass at 4, and on the pedal the level(volume) is full and tone + dist are at halfway.

Um, those are INCREDIBLY horrible settings, no wonder you sound like ass. Also using a distortion pedal on the distortion channel of a solid state amp is a BAD idea, all it does is make a crapload of unwanted noise.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Either use the amp's own distortion, or use the DS1 over the clean channel. Or, if it's something you can afford, sell the amp and get a new (better) one?
And turn up the mids, and just use the bridge pickup for those kind of tones.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
And turn up the mids, and just use the bridge pickup for those kind of tones.

+1

Mids are important. It makes me cringe every time I walk into a shop and someone's sat there with the following settings (or something very similar):

Gain: 10
Bass: 4
Mids: 0
Treble: 10

(And yeah, it's either an MG or a Spider or something like that)

It hurts my earrrrrssss!
Weren't those Dimebag's settings?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Aha...no wonder I hated his tone xD

This actually reminds me of an experience I had a while ago in a guitar store. I'm too afraid to go back there when the kids aren't at school...

I went in with the intention of trying out one of those Fender Champs and a nice Strat, just for fun. I got playing (I used a Tubescreamer, too, to get some nice overdrive) and there's this kid who goes "that tone's awful, listen to this!". Now, of course, I'd been playing through a bit of Led Zep and AC/DC, as well as some more bluesy stuff, and had rolled back the volume to get that nice valvey breakup sound. It was pleasant.

So anyway, he proceeds to strum (an open G chord, no less 0.o) and it's just a huge wall of fizz. Naturally, my response was along the lines of "you seriously think that's good?" of course, in my head I was screaming WTF?! So he goes "yeah. Every good band out there has one of these. *Points to a Marshall MG30DFX* Who ever used a Fender amp?"

Me: *Facepalm*

But anyway, I digress... TS, follow the suggestions you've been given and it should help sort out your sound a little

Edit: This guy was actually a good player, by the way. He could kick my arse any day...I just don't respect his tonal preference
turn down the level on the ds-1, match it with the volume of the clean on the amp with the pedal off. just mess with settings, dont max everything out.
Quote by Ethalopian
so, turn up the mids?

What everyone wants to tell you is to get a new/better/tube amp.