So, I got all that I need for blues & classic rock. Now it's time for some heavier stuff. I got the amp (Ashdown FA60), which broke on the way here and it'll take a while to get it fixed. In the meantime I'm looking for a guitar for Megadeth and hard rock etc.

- Around 600€
- Mahogany body
- H-H, or H-S-H
- Preferably hard-tail but I could live with a good trem. I just don't have much use for it
- No black finish. I want a guitar with something else, black is boring.
- Pickups don't really matter, I'll change them if needed.

The Ibanez S-series looks nice
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Last edited by Chips- at Oct 12, 2007,
http://www.thomann.de/fi/ibanez_rga121hcdr.htm

This one is slightly over budget, but it's Prestige, it has a mahogany body, humbuckers, it's a hardtail and this particular website ships to Finland (although it's not that hard to find one in a store).

http://www.thomann.de/fi/ibanez_sz320ex_bk.htm

This one also has humbuckers, it's within your budget it has a hardtail bridge and Marty Friedman's signature Ibanez is based on the SZ series.

http://www.thomann.de/fi/ibanez_mfm2_lrd.htm

Just for your information, here is the new Marty Friedman signature.

http://www.thomann.de/fi/ibanez_sz520fmdas.htm

Nice SZ with a flamed maple top that is still within your budget.

http://www.thomann.de/fi/ibanez_s320wk.htm

The Ibanez S320, it might have a Floyd, but it's not a bad trem.

http://www.thomann.de/fi/ibanez_sas32fmt_02l.htm

The Ibanez SAS32FMT looks great and has the mahogan body you want. It has a trem, but this is easily blocked.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 11, 2007,
I like the RGA121, but it might be too much. It looks killer with the natural and violin finish.
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
Any more suggestions? Other than Ibanez?
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
None of those really rocked my boat. How about the Jackson Kellys? Are the cheap ones worth it?
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
Quote by Chips-
None of those really rocked my boat. How about the Jackson Kellys? Are the cheap ones worth it?

And I even when to the trouble of finding them in Finnish
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Chips-

Not really, in your price range you'll probably only pay for the body shape :s
Quote by Mazzakazza
I would recommend RG over S series, fyi.

Yeah, but then I'd want a Prestige, and the only hardtail (RGA121H) is 888€. That's well over my budget. I can save up, but it's a little too much.

I'm looking at Schecters now. There's actually a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser in the local shop. Gotta try that one. Maybe I could get that used
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
Last edited by Chips- at Oct 12, 2007,
washburn x50 pro? it's available for the price in the UK, not too sure about finland though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
washburn x50 pro? it's available for the price in the UK, not too sure about finland though.

Finland, finland, finland...the county where I want to be
Pony trekking or camping, or just watching TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGWqtwhS2KY
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Chips-

The KE3s are pretty nice, but the fret access isn't the best.
^^

^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Okay, I found an online shop that sells a blem Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (no floyd) for 669€. That's 130€ less than a shiny new one with no dings, and 330€ less than what the local shop wants for it. I think this is the one. Must go test it first.
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
Quote by Chips-
Okay, I found an online shop that sells a blem Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (no floyd) for 669€. That's 130€ less than a shiny new one with no dings, and 330€ less than what the local shop wants for it. I think this is the one. Must go test it first.

The key is in trying it fist.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
^ Yep. I think I have tried it before, but wasn't really paying attention because of the big pricetag. Anyway, can't remember what it was like so I have to try it again.
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
God damn it! I'ev been browsing though tons of pictures of the C-1 Hellraiser and I hate to say that it doesn't look as nice as an EC-1000, or even the lower end C-1 Plus. I'm not a quilted maple kinda guy. And it's covered in abalone, which is a bit too flashy for my taste. And the inlays aren't as nice as the vectors in the Plus, or the flags in the EC-1000.

And now I found a used EC-1000 VHB for 700€. It looks much nicer, I've played it and it was very nice, and it comes with a case.
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28