looking at buying the combo, all i've heard is good things about it but will it fit my playing style? (metal/hardcore)

if not, what combo amp in the same price range should I look at?
Gear
Epiphone Quilt Top Les Paul w/ EMG 81-85
Crate XT120R
Boss TU-3
EHX Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge, DF-7

Myspace
A lot of people love them here and claim they could do what you need, but I played one once and was not impressed. It sounded really muddy and somewhat harsh, but I really think I might have just played a bad one or it had bad tubes or something. I'd say (as with any amp) try it out first and see what you think. If you don't like it I'd suggest looking at a recto-verb combo, I just bought one and it sounds amazing.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by omarrodrigez
A lot of people love them here and claim they could do what you need, but I played one once and was not impressed. It sounded really muddy and somewhat harsh, but I really think I might have just played a bad one or it had bad tubes or something. I'd say (as with any amp) try it out first and see what you think. If you don't like it I'd suggest looking at a recto-verb combo, I just bought one and it sounds amazing.

That's very odd, the F series is the complete opposite (imo). Compared to a 5150 which has a very harsh tone, the F series are more liquidy, smooth and defined sounding. The F-50 should be great for what you play, I actually prefer the F-30 though, for some reason I like the sound the EL-34s give me over the 6L6s in the F-50, but both are awesome amps. They also have pretty amazing cleans, all in all, hands down, it's probably the best amp you can get for the money.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i thought the opposite, rofl. EDIT: to matrixclaw.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 11, 2007,
Quote by omarrodrigez

If you scoop the mids they do sound muddy, but still liquidy. When scooped you really lose definition.

Cut the bass way back, and use the mids as you would a bass adjustment.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Gah, that's what prevents me from buying a Mesa F: mixed opinions and no availability (to try it out).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?