im getting a new amp. should i get a line 6 spider III or vox valvetronix. im probably getting a 30 watt

need help!! any suggestions???
Valvetronix > Spider. There's no other way about it.

But what kind of music do you play, and how much do you have available to spend on an amp?
^ +1, Vox Valvetronix owns the L6 Spider series
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
If thats your only 2 choices then Valvetronix no contest. Answer Denthul's questions for some better options in your budget.
i play alot. mostly classic rock though and some fall out boy type stuff
i have about $200 to spend
Eh...For that much, all I can say is either get the Valvetronix, or maybe an Epiphone Valve Jr. and a pedal. But I don't think the latter would be versatile enough for you (I mean, it's fairly versatile, especially if you learn to use the volume and tone controls on your guitar, but that takes practice and the range of sounds isn't as great as the Vox) so the Vox might be better. Would you be willing to save more?
1. Get the Vox 2. Fall Out Boy Sucks
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Sorry to be negative, but Line 6 Spiders suck in my experiences. Zero warmth or character.
The Vox'll be a good amp that you can still use as a practice amp if/when you get a bigger gigging amp. There are some good and useable sounds on it, so that'll keep you occupied!
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Save some more and try to get a Vox Valvetronix AD 60VT or even better a AD 120VT. Those are really good sounding and versatile amps. And both are good for bedroom practice and for gigging
the vox the very good, i got it, i play mostly classic rock and some metal, i got an distorion pedal and the biff muff, i can get any sound outta the thing, vox no question,
Roland Cube maybe?
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^ For classic rock and pop-punk, i'd go for AD over cube
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
When I saw the title of this thread I nearly shat myself.

Get a vox. Whenever someone buys a Spider, a kitten is brutally raped and murdered. Consider the kitten!
WTLTL 2011
Quote by soccercrzy19
i play alot. mostly classic rock though and some fall out boy type stuff
i have about $200 to spend

you mainly play classic rock? get a Vox.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The Vox'll be a good amp that you can still use as a practice amp if/when you get a bigger gigging amp. There are some good and useable sounds on it, so that'll keep you occupied!

+666
I got myself a vox valvetronix 30 amp about 3 months ago. and that little thing is the sh*t. you can get any sound you want out of it with a little tweeking. and its pretty friggin loud, my neibors have called the cops twice on me. the only thing i hate is it only has two personal presets, so you end up writing alot of different tones down. but all the effects are fun to play with. and you can tweek the factory presets but you cant save them. and if you go to guitar center talk to one of the sales people, they set the price point, i jewed them down 20 bucks and got the thing for $170.
i jewed them down 20 bucks and got the thing for $170

Careful buddy -- that kind of talk can get you banned!