Page 1 of 2
SO really how many of u had issues with this system. i plan to purchase one soon very soon. Are most of you guys with the issues having the red ring of death issues? thanks
LOL
I've a big ****ing problem with the amount of threads there are about them
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
Quote by bart munch
I've a big ****ing problem with the amount of threads there are about them

sorry, i used the search bar but not a lot about issues. just things they didn't like. Also if you don't like it, why the heck do you even respond to it?
LOL
No problems here either
Member of Cryptozoology Group!

Quote by Ichimaru
It's simple to sound like them, tune your guitars down a couple of steps but don't worry if it's actually IN tune or not, then just plug in and throw your guitar out the window.
how long have you guys had urs though, since some people get it instantly or even after a year...
LOL
Yea same I've never had a problem. I think the reason people think they mess up often is because people only say when their xbox has broken. You don't get people saying "just letting you know my xbox is still going fine" or whatever. Its a minority of people this happens to, especially with the new consoles which are supposedly alot less likely to break.
Quote by SiKh22
how long have you guys had urs though, since some people get it instantly or even after a year...

I've had mine for 3 months and I've had no problems yet. My brother's had his since it came out and he's had no problems.
The whole "omg 360's explode" business is overhyped.
i had one from release and i got the 3 rings of death. i'm going to have to send it off for repair. but the rings of death isnt an issue for the new 360's
ahh awesome thanks guys, i just wanted to make sure because i don't have a lot of cash. I want to make a good and wise investment. As i have money set aside for a new guitar, but won't get that until i feel I'm ready... so the 360 for now. thanks again!
LOL
I never got the red ring of death but mine stopped getting video (either the cable or the input was ****ed up) so we took it back, unfortunately, they didn't have any in stock so now I've gotta wait...

Still haven't played Halo 3.
And it happened the day before the ****ing release. Can you believe that? THE DAY BEFORE HALO 3 CAME OUT!! I knew something like that was going to happen though, I generally have bad luck.
First of all i love my 360 so it pains me to tell the truth. For about 2 months now every time i close the disc drive to put in a new game it pops open then i have to press the button again then it pops open again and i usually do this about 10 times till it stays shut. And one of my friends got the red ring within 2 days of purchase but he got a new one from them and it works fine now.
uhhhh, my friend/roommate bought one like during the winter, and one day the tray just stopped opening. Now in order for it to work, he has to lay it down put the disk in, and close the tray while simultaneously standing it up. And it'll struggle to read, and then pop open if you dont scroll down and keep clicking the icon that controls the tray. It'll say "opening" and then like really quickly he'll have to hit the button so it says "closing", but it's gotta be quick. He'll keep pressing the button flipping between "opening" and "closing" til it finally says "Reading". It's a pain in the ass.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Five of my friends had theirs completely breaking down after a couple months.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by Fishyesque

are these the current 360's or older ones?
LOL
Quote by Archaon
I never got the red ring of death but mine stopped getting video (either the cable or the input was ****ed up) so we took it back, unfortunately, they didn't have any in stock so now I've gotta wait...

And it happened the day before the ****ing release. Can you believe that? THE DAY BEFORE HALO 3 CAME OUT!! I knew something like that was going to happen though, I generally have bad luck.

Man that really sucks
My roommates disc drive broke playing Bioshock a few weeks ago. Halo 3 isn't all its hyped up to be either. But it is the best next-gen system to get if your buying one.
Quote by Jester.Race
My roommates disc drive broke playing Bioshock a few weeks ago. Halo 3 isn't all its hyped up to be either. But it is the best next-gen system to get if your buying one.

What? Halo 3 is exactly what it's "hyped up to be", I don't see what else they could've improved on.

And no, I'm not a 'fanboy' of any sort.

Your friends either tried playing in the bath or have extremely bad luck.
You should be safe if you buy one now.

They put new heatsinks in, and at some point (if they already haven't) there are going to be new chipsets that don't generate as much heat.
There is a design flaw with the systems motherboard, but that has been fixed since June so if u buy a new one u shouldnt get any problems. When mine did brake, (about 2 weeks ago) they sent me a brand new one so dont worry if u have an old 1 and u still have 1 guarantee people).

P.S. HALO3'S AMAZING ESPECIALLY IF U GOT XBOX LIVE
Quote by akaDan
I don't see what else they could've improved on.

Second last level.

Seriously, eww.

The rest is fucking awesome though.
mine broke and had to wait months for it to be sent back from repair...... cost me nothin though so was ok i spose lol ;D
Quote by SiKh22
sorry, i used the search bar but not a lot about issues. just things they didn't like. Also if you don't like it, why the heck do you even respond to it?

I didn't mean to get all snooty but there is a next gen console thread plus I've been drinking for the last four hours.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
Luckily havent had any problems with mine, but my one the game saints row got scratched to hell when I kinda nudged the x box >_<
DON'T buy one. I have a second job workin on these things. they are the crappiest machine to ever disgrace the earth with.
Quote by SiKh22
are these the current 360's or older ones?

Current. It was really sad actually. It happens a lot, but as long as you get a warranty, you'll be fine since it's covered. 360's are awfully loud.
Not to be a jerk fanboy, cause I'm not, but I'd like to point out that the PS3 was tested running in 120 F heat for 108 hours straight, followed by 0 F for the same amount of time, and it still works fine. But is that worth it? Because games make the console, and that's where the 360 wins. But it's been out longer. So... they're both good. For now, 360 would probably be more enjoyable. But I love my PS3. Free online play.
I've had mine since April '06 and haven't had any issues. However my friend's 360 just got the red ring crap. I keep mine well ventilated sitting on top of an entertainment center with air all around it, that might have helped.
Quote by jgelderloos
just about everyone i know has had the ring of death at some point

Normally that only happens for me when I have a spicy curry.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
mine rrod after 14 months, my friends after 4 months, my other friends after 1 yr and my other friends after 5 months. Thats everybody I know with a 360 so based on my experiences they are un-reliable.
My friend bought one and it worked fine for a month or so, then the Red Ring Of Death struck. I lol'd at him
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
I havent had the ring o' death yet, the only problem I have is serious internet lag.

I end up dying suddenly then not respawning for several minutes, then I run around and theres no one alive and then I get killed by invisible people again and so on and so on.
Quote by Archaon

Get this on the day of release oh Halo 3 one of my friends Xboxs DVD drives jammed, he had to use a screwdriver to pry it open. Another his controller died, he had to scout around town for an hour to buy another one.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Fishyesque
Current. It was really sad actually. It happens a lot, but as long as you get a warranty, you'll be fine since it's covered. 360's are awfully loud.

Mine isn't. It makes virtually no noise at all.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Page 1 of 2