I have a guitar that i'm fixing up, and it has a tremelo....i'm not sure of the make. It's missing an arm and a spring in the back. I want to get it working but i'm not sure of any other components I need, as i've never messed with one before. I figured I could just get a replacement arm, but i'm not sure how it fastens in the hole. Sorry for the noob question, but any help would be appreciated.
you could just simply get a new arm and screw it into the motherf***ing hole! it'll stay put and then all you need to do it use it...is it really that hard?
When in doubt, sweep it out
If the arm just screws in, then that's simple enough. I just don't know exactly how it's setup. Thanks!
first of all what kind of tremolo?
@halfmastmutiny, stop being a prick.

Anyway, you should be able to find a replacement arm online if you know what type of tremolo it is.
For the spring, its just a matter of attaching it to the claw and putting the other end into the trem block
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I'm not sure what kind actually. The guitar was built from parts.....

It's a typical hardtail looking bridge, hole on the bottom for the arm, with the norm looking backplate to cover the cavity. I guess a strat style. Thanks DagMX for not being a douche Just didn't want to get the arm and find that I needed other parts.
Quote by DagMX
first of all what kind of tremolo?
@halfmastmutiny, stop being a prick.

sry i can't help myself sometimes...its what i do.
but if you honestly cant figure this out it might be easier to go to your local music store and ask. it couldn't hurt.
When in doubt, sweep it out