I know i make to many of these so first of all sorry.

My Budget is £1000 for the guitar and £500 for the amp Please try to stick within this budget.

My musical tastes are Metal , Hard Rock, Alternative Rock and Shred.

Also i would like a new guitar which has better lower fret accsess than my LP Studio
and i would like my amp to be a combo as i'm not gigging or recording anytime soon plus a stack is to big for my bedroom.

Guitar's to look into :
Hellraiser
SG Standard
Explorer Pro

Amp's to look into :
Dsl

Pickup's to look into :
Last edited by josh999x at Oct 13, 2007,
change that to £500 guitar £1000 amp then get...

a schecter c-1 hellraiser FR or ibanez RG1570.
amp wise go ENGL / peavey... mabey a used JSX?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Guitar: Ibanez PGM301, £660 on GAK

Amp: Laney GH50L + Framus 2x12 cab, £399 on GAK and £210 on thomann respectively.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by bodomfan666
change that to £500 guitar £1000 amp then get...

a schecter c-1 hellraiser FR or ibanez RG1570.
amp wise go ENGL / peavey... mabey a used JSX?

It totally depends on whether hes going to be gigging/recording anytime soon.

Otherwise theres no real point getting such an expensive amp.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
At the moment i'm trying to decide between a explorer or a sg and i have no idea on the amp.
Seriously, go with a hellraiser. They are loads better IMO than an SG or explorer for that price.
Since you already have a Gibson I suggest a Gibson SG Standard. Excellent upper fret access, fairly powerful yet articulate pickups (490's) and comfortable weight. Schecters are very nice for the money but you are already spoiled by having an LP. You aren't going to be satisfied with the Schecter.
Ive always liked the Gibson Explorer Pro but Im not sure if they are that amazing. Maybe a Marshall DSL401? They are pretty good.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Quote by MrCarrot
Guitar: Ibanez PGM301, £660 on GAK

Amp: Laney GH50L + Framus 2x12 cab, £399 on GAK and £210 on thomann respectively.

Win win win win /thread
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
what type of music do you play? EDIT: dang i'm a retard.

EDIT #2:

I'd probably get an ibanez rg1570, a cornford harlequin/carrerra/hurricane (i've only played the hurricane and it's amazingly nice, your choice though, for all i know those others are nicer), and a pickup swap- preferably bareknuckle, bulldog, or swineshead.

that'd be my choice, though you do have a bunch of options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 13, 2007,