I just started playing and I have learned some chords and some easy songs (mostly just intros), so tell me guys, in your opinion, which are the top 10 songs a newbie should learn ASAP?

Thanks!
In order to succeed you have to be lucky - Ask any failure!
Just play songs you enjoy listening to. Simple concept, amazingly effective.
teen spirits always a good one, that was one of my first songs, i think the other songs i learnt were mainly just simple pop-rock stuff. but listen to yawn he knows what he's talking about
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
CCR is easy and fun

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
dont learn songs! learn chords and practice, songs will come once you have the ability to actually play them
Rage against the machine: Wake up
Nirvana: Come as you are
Ozzy: Iron Man
311: Amber
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Can't stop
Metallica: Enter the Sandman
Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Scar Tissue
CKY: 96 quite bitter beings
Incubus: Stellar
Quote by SnapCrackleBOOM
Rage against the machine: Wake up
Nirvana: Come as you are
Ozzy: Iron Man
311: Amber
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Can't stop
Metallica: Enter the Sandman
Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Scar Tissue
CKY: 96 quite bitter beings
Incubus: Stellar

+1
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
anything by Sabbath, Nirvana, and ACDC. this way you get instant gratification and will not be discouraged to continue learning.
Quote by nrc141
dont learn songs! learn chords and practice, songs will come once you have the ability to actually play them

Completely disagree, attempt to learn any song you want, and work at it, and apply what you learn from it to your playing and it'll make it easier to do what you like.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
yeah smells like teen spirit was the first song i learned on electric guitar so im with you there...........might try wonderwall that was first song i learned on acoustic.

pretty much pop punk or punk kinda stuff is usually always easy to play so like sex pistols rise against or pop punk try greenday, blink 182, the offspring +44 etc.
also try some classic rock stuff other than solos quite a few songs are easy to play

also try just learning intros then gradually build up the song, stairway to heaven like the intro isnt to hard but its good to get u changing chords and picking notes but u aint gonna be able to play along at full speed straightaway or play the solo!!

my top ten songs not in any order lol would probly be

smells like teen spirit
god save the queen
self esteem
when your heart stops beating
brainstew
hitching a ride
alright now
blackknight
boys are back in town
stairway to heaven
Ahhhh yeah brainstew is a reeeal easy one..pretty much every greenday song is easy...a good acoustic one is what its like by everlast..good song
dont look back in anger-Oasis, good for chords and quick changes
Outshined-Soundgarden, up to the solo is pretty easy Drop D chords
Iron Man-Black Sabbath
Dammit-Blink 182
Offend in every way-White Stripes, sounds hard when you first start playing, but its very easy.
Whole Lotta Love-Led Zep, one of their easier songs, up to solo of course.
Everlong-Foo fighters
Killing in the Name- Rage Against the Machine, except solo is difficult
On a plain-Nirvana
Shook me all night long-ACDC

There those are some easy songs. Practice practice practice.
the list of songs really depends on the type of music you listen to, but if we presume that you're taste for music is flexible then all the songs mentioned above are excellent... most (not all) rage,nirvana songs are excellent for begginers... so try smelsl like teen spirit or wake up if you like them...if you never listened to that kind of music then what's the point? but those are good begginer songs...
and don't just practice chords it may get boring and make you quit, so practice chords - learn songs, eat, clean yourself and then practice more until your hands bleed
A good song should make you wanna tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should make you wanna destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs.

SEX, DRUGS AND DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
Yep I practiced so much my first year my fingerprints might have changed from the scarring on my finger tips lol
But guys I have a classic guitar, not electric... :-(
In order to succeed you have to be lucky - Ask any failure!
What are you waiting for then! Go get an electric! Lol nah...hmm well that changes everything..you can still play these songs! :-D
AC/DC is very good to learn your open chords, but you obviously won't be able to pull off the solos.

Smoooooooooooookkkkkeee......

(really, it's easy.)
What are you waiting for then! Go get an electric! Lol nah...hmm well that changes everything..you can still play these songs! :-D
Easy songs for acoustic - The Nirvana Unplugged album. Some of their strumming is a bit technical but you can just strum the whole chord and it sounds good.
2002 Muddy Waters Fender Telecaser (MIM) (w/ Bill Lawrence pickups & black matte pickguard)
2006 Ibanez sz520qm (w/ Grover tuners)
Epiphone DR-100

Traynor YCV50-Blue
Toneport GX / Ampltube 2
Play stuff you like. Myself I find it hard to play some stuff boring to me even if some other people find it easy. So if you like metallica for example, you could work on nothing else matters, etc.
First song i learnt was Screaming Trees- All I Know because i was finding it hard to play barre chords and i love the song. You can play that on acoustic with open positions. Just play songs you like and if they can help you with parts of your playing like hammer-ons, pull-offs, barre chords, even strumming patterns, its an added bonus.
It's gonna be a blue day
enter sandman - metallica
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
peppers songs sound great on acoustic
A good song should make you wanna tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should make you wanna destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs.

SEX, DRUGS AND DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
The top 10 songs a new guitarist should learn is gonna be different for everyone depending on thier taste in music. Based purely on simplicity though, heres 10 id recommend:

Nirvana - Come as you are
Shinedown - 45
Semisonic - Closing time
Counting Crows - Round here
Bush - Glycerine
Copeland - Brightest
Dashboard Confessional - Remember to breathe
Secondhand Serenade - Your call
Staind - Everything Changes
Goo Goo Dolls - Without you here
The first songs I learned were Thunderstruck and Highway to Hell both by AC/DC, and I played them on an acoustic steel string guitar.
Highway to Hell I think would be easier for you since you know chords.
Don't worry about solos, I started to learn soloing one year go and I've been playing for 5 years.