Ok. I have looked around everywhere online, but I still can't find a book that teaches how to turn standard sheet music into tab. I have the basic knowledge of sheet music. But I wanna know how to tell which e to go to.
Use Middle C as your reference point. Middle C is accepted as being the C note played on the 3rd fret of the A string, which is actually one octave higher than Middle C on a piano so remember that if you are transcribing from piano sheet music you will actually be playing an octave higher. Middle C is the first C below the stave i.e. one line below the first line of the stave (E).

That help?
Quote by ray555
Use Middle C as your reference point. Middle C is accepted as being the C note played on the 3rd fret of the A string, which is actually one octave higher than Middle C on a piano so remember that if you are transcribing from piano sheet music you will actually be playing an octave higher. Middle C is the first C below the stave i.e. one line below the first line of the stave (E).

That help?

I thought it was an octave lower?
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
SPAAAAAAAARRRRTTTAAA! No?
Quote by Guitarist132
Incorrect, the correct answer was papua new guinea

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
You correct of course. Apologies, slip of the keyboard there. Yes its one octave LOWER. I even confused myself. I was trying to explain that standard notation for piano is different from that of guitar and that to play sheet music for piano on guitar it should be played one octave HIGHER. Thanks for pointing out that mistake.
If you don't understand what I was trying to explain, please just disregard it all, I don't want anyone to pick up false knowledge on my account. Apologies.
Ahh. I get what you're saying. To play sheet music that is for piano, on a guitar....you must play it one octave higher than written to make it sound like the piano. You're right on that.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Quote by Guitarist132

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
Yes thats what I meant. I'm glad I don't sound like too much of an idiot :P
While we're on the topic of sheet music - anyone know a good place online for those who know nothing (more or less) about sheet music to learn the basics?
I think this site might teach you. If it doesn't, you can always revert to our good friend...Google.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Quote by Guitarist132

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.