Well, I've outgrown my Washburn 7 string, I just found it to be too clunky. I picked it up for the first time in about a month today it felt like I as playing a 2x4. Anyway, I decided it's time to pick up another 6 string.

Right now I'm playing a friend's Mexican Fender Strat, and I love it. So keep that in mind.
In actually use (recording/performing) I'll be playing metal. My band varies from 80's thrash, to power metal, to some pretty death metal sections. My favorite tone however, is that of 80's thrash God's like Kerry King and James Hatfield. I have a Peavey Windsor, so obviously for amps I have a pretty good step towards the 80's thrash tone.

So here's what I've been thinking on:

BC Rich Kerry King V:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Kerry-King-V-with-Kahler-Electric-Guitar?sku=512681

Jackson DK2M:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2M-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=517588

Godin Redlin:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Godin-Redline-1-Electric-Guitar?sku=513755

Ibanez S520EX
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S520EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519964

And finally

Epiphone Les Paul With Floyd Rose
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-with-Floyd-Rose-Tremolo?sku=519398

I'd like to have a guitar with a tremolo and at least decent pickups.
I know BC Rich's are hit or miss, but I heard Kahler trem's are a bit more stable than licensed Floyds, so yeah, any recommendations?
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

the jackson or ebay esp ec 1000

that's the only jackson i ever played that i actually like,needs a pickup change though.
Quote by burn the stars
do youreslf a favor, get a schecter

I hate Schecters with a passion.
Everywhere I go the sales guy always gives me a Schecter to play, and every time I hate it. Sorry.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

How about an Explorer? Very comfortable guitar to play and with a few minor adjustments, tis awesome. I got mine used off Ebay for 650.
I'd really, really like a tremolo in the vein of a Floyd Rose.
The only reason I wouldn't get a guitar with a Floyd is if the pickups in it were THAT MUCH better. Which is the reason why the Godin is on the list.

dude get a dean razorback about 500 comes in red black and white and with emg pickups
I bought a Schecter Hellraiser for $630 and I love it. I play a lot of metal from the old Metallica/Slayer/Megadeth scene to the new stuff like Lamb of God and Opeth. I think it's worth at least a try.
Quote by freakypop
dude get a dean razorback about 500 comes in red black and white and with emg pickups

Yeah.
I don't really see that deal anywhere.

And to the Schecter guys, yeah. I understand, you love your Schecters, that's cool. What you shred is your business. But, EVERY Schecter I have EVER played I could not stand. It just wasn't my cup of tea. I'm assuming that the Hellraiser has the same style neck as every other Schecter I've tried, seeing how each company normally has their own neck style. That being said, I might try some Schecters, but that's probably after I try every Jackson, ESP, Ibanez, BC Rich, and less popular brands in existence.

Last edited by Unskathed at Oct 11, 2007,
Bear in mind, the Ibanez has less sustain than the others. Still a good guitar though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by hardcoredarrell
Schecter C-1 FR Electric Guitar
then get EMG 81 for Bridge

Ibanez RG321 Electric Guitar
then get EMG 81 and 85 set for $198

do those two methods, buying another guitar for your price range without good pickups, is pointless so I would suggest doing on of the two above, you can always repaint them, it's not hard to do and quite cheap

He just said he didn't want a Schecter and wanted a tremolo.

My vote is for the Saber.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
You could grab a Floyd Rose DSOT-2 and throw in some EMGs .

If you'd like to save some cash, you could grab an Agile AL-2500 Tribal Green EMG, but it doesn't have a trem.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by aznrockerdude
He just said he didn't want a Schecter and wanted a tremolo.

My vote is for the Saber.

nor did I say he had to get that one, but I would go for the Ibanez method I mentioned EMG's are ideal for 80's thrash etc
He still said he wanted a tremolo.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
He still said he wanted a tremolo.

$278(guitar) +$198 (EMG 81 and 85) + $100(Floyd Rose)=BrOoTaLz

not bad for a Mahogony Body Guitar with EMG's and FR

the Ibanez RG321 is the way to go, you'll have around 27 dollars left over to buy paint stripper and paint to get the color guitar you want, its the way to go these days for best band for buck
Quote by hardcoredarrell
$278(guitar) +$198 (EMG 81 and 85) + $100(Floyd Rose)=BrOoTaLz

not bad for a Mahogony Body Guitar with EMG's and FR

the Ibanez RG321 is the way to go, you'll have around 27 dollars left over to buy paint stripper and paint to get the color guitar you want, its the way to go these days for best band for buck

You forgot about routing, and a new FR is more like ~$125.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
You forgot about routing, and a new FR is more like ~$125.

It hasn't been a problem for ME in the past, I did it before, he'll have room for the pick ups, the FR will just take a few simple measurements, it also depends what FR you get as to the priceing, it ranges from 100 to 149 to even more, even still this would be the best route to go, to get the best bang for the buck, this way you ensure you have quality floyd Rose, quality pickups, and quality wood, the counter parts run about 800 range, buh if you'd want a thru neck, then you'd have to get another model and get pickups latelr and end up spending 900 range, so my way is the best way, just make sure not to cut to much to make room for the bridge

sounds like a pain in the butt, but it would be worth it, I added the Floyd Rose to my guitar manually and it works quite nicely, but this would benefit you
Last edited by hardcoredarrell at Oct 11, 2007,
ESP MH-400
Parker P42 and buy a Kahler for it

Used Carvin DC series or used Warmoth
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by FacingUsAll
You could grab a Floyd Rose DSOT-2 and throw in some EMGs .

If you'd like to save some cash, you could grab an Agile AL-2500 Tribal Green EMG, but it doesn't have a trem.

That Floyd Rose guitar doesn't look too bad. That'd leave me about $200 for a pick up change.

What about Jay Turser guitars? I've played the JT-1000 for about an hour and it was phenomenal. Only about $525 too. Any experience with these?

Last edited by Unskathed at Oct 12, 2007,