Ok so countless hours have been spent of me and my new band.We spent about 4 months sat on a floor in a basement
drinkin beer, smoking cigarettes and writing music. But that time has come for a show and we got ****ty gear. Now our drummer he needs new heads, our bassist used a 50w now needs something thats not a foot long by a foot so he goes out and gets GK 400w head and nice cab to go with it. Our drummer comes with all new beater heads and heads for his set as well as a new tom and new cymbol.
Our singer bought a mic that looks like a old radio talk show host mic and that things bitchin.
But me; im out again. I have a roland micro cube 20x im sellin it to my friend this weekend for 130. That gives me 130 dollars to spend my cash on for a new head/cab.
Were playing a show sunday night. Now the thing is i dont think they can mic my ****ty amp. If you turn it past 6 you get the feedback.
In my local guitar show they have a marshall g100rcd head for $169
And a jackson cab from the 80s all black with red coned speakers
whick looks bitchin as well for about $169 both together $358
take off the $130 i got a balance of $228 that i dont have.

So this is were you UGers come in.
Do you know were i can get a decent half stack.
For cheap?
Guitars-
Gibson SG Standard
Schecter c1 hellraiser fr (Tremelo-NO)

Amp-
5150 Custom
Marshall 1960a Lead

Effects-
Boss Ns2
EH Holy Stain
Boss Sd2
Ernie Ball Vol Jr
Digitech Digi Delay
Korg Rack Tuner
Furman Power Con
BBE Sonic Max
dude i dont have a half stack but a behringer 212 combo its mad nice, no feedback for the most part i recommend it
Good and Cheap dont normally go together when u talk about Stacks. Id say that for maybe $100 or so more, u can get a Crate Tube amp. its only 5w, but its plenty loud, but might need to be mic'd. Im thinking that it wont feedback when u have it up loud, and itll distort when its up high, with the Death Metal itll be pretty awesome.
Nothing like waiting until the last minute eh? Haha. I wouldn't rush into such a big purchase with such little time to shop around, research, and save up some cash for what you really want. But do what you gotta do I guess...
Cheap and good are impossible in a half stack. The cheapest good tube combo I know of that has enough power for a gig is the Peavey Valveking 50 watt 112, $449. If you are desperate old Crate solid state combos can be had used for $50-150 on Ebay and occasionally the used section of music stores. Old Peavey solid states over 30 watts are decent sounding and marginally giggable, they are lots louder than your average solid state of comparable wattages. That rig you are describing doesn't sound good to me. The speakers may be ok. Good luck.
to be honest they booked it without me knowning
and there like happy birthday we have a show

i was like wtf?

stop kiddin

and they were like nah
see we all bought new ****

i was like

s
ss

sssss

so u dont tell me 3 days before hand
and there like w.e