Its a very good bridge. Not quite as good as the Gibraltar II which is an outstanding fully locking bridge, but good none the less. A set of Tone Pro locking studs from stewmac would be a very worthwhile purchase with the Gib III. What are you putting it on?
Nothing, I am thinking of purchasing the Ibanez SZ720FM though. Heres the spec

banez SZ Set-In neck.
3pc. Mahogany Neck Material.
Mahogany/ Flamed Maple top Body.
22 Medium frets.
Bound Rosewood Finger Board.
Gibraltar III bridge.
Ibanez SZ1 Humbucker Neck Pickup.
Ibanez SZ2 Humbucker Bridge Pickup.
SZ Special Inlay.
Hardware Colour. Ni
Colour: Transparent Grey.

What upgrades should I do if I got it?
I'm an Artist guy, so I'm not real familiar with the SZ. I would say that the tuners are probably crap. I'd definitely look into the tone pro locking studs as well. They're pricey, but worth it.
Last edited by Jason43 at Oct 12, 2007,
Thanks Yeah I was thinking of locking tuners, but will it take much longer to down tune a guitar? I tend to switch tunings quite alot, so if it added 5 mins more each time it wouldnt be worth it.
Locking tuners would be completely unnecessary for that guitar imo. I'd just get something better than the no name tuners it probably has on it. I put a $30 set of Gotoh tuners on my AR200 and couldn't be happier with them. No tuning issues at all now.
Looking at the reviews for the 720, most people seem to be happy with the Duncan designed pickups that come on it, so I'd just give them a good listen to see if you like them.
I have the 520FM model. The bridge is fine. It doesn't have any sharp edges like a regular TOM has. The bridge won't fall off during string changes as well.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Cool Just gonna look at reviews now to see if theres any negatives about the ibanez.
^ Will be hard to find. They're basicly PRS SE's with better playability and for a way better price.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)