i am looking for a tube combo amp or a half stack in the $400-$500 range mabe $565 if its really good , it needs to be versatile from beatles warm tones to metal tones and everything in between
Combo - a lot easier to move about and if you want to get a halfstack, at least spend some decent money on one.
Combo. You would not find a good valve half-stack in that price range whatsoever. Even if you went used.

Maybe you should try one of the following:

Palomino V32
Fender Blues Jr.
Peavey Classic 30

Although, with all of them you'd need to put a pedal in front to get metal tones. And you'd have to go used on the Classic 30. But with a Metal Muff or something, any of those amps would do
Quote by Denthúl
Combo. You would not find a good valve half-stack in that price range whatsoever. Even if you went used.

Maybe you should try one of the following:

Palomino V32
Fender Blues Jr.
Peavey Classic 30

Although, with all of them you'd need to put a pedal in front to get metal tones. And you'd have to go used on the Classic 30. But with a Metal Muff or something, any of those amps would do

+1
Quote by Ht666
Combo - a lot easier to move about and if you want to get a halfstack, at least spend some decent money on one.

Not true.

But I think for an amp as good and as versatile as you'd like, you're probably going to need to extend your budget somewhat.

Quote by Denthúl

Maybe not
Damn you Americans getting everything so cheap!
Quote by Denthúl
You would not find a good valve half-stack in that price range whatsoever.

Not true
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Sorry...you're absolutely right! *Slaps self*

And I'm an ex-VJ owner

Edit: Just to point out, before this goes any further...I also meant new...
^maybe a used windsor, and a cheap @$$ cab.

but +1 to everyone who was suggesting a tube combo
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by Denthúl
Sorry...you're absolutely right! *Slaps self*

And I'm an ex-VJ owner

Edit: Just to point out, before this goes any further...I also meant new...

Not just the VJ either, I got a Laney AOR 50 head and a celestion loaded cab off ebay for £166. Needs new valves though but the guy thats selling it is going to put some in.

Edit: Thats not what your original post says
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
^ I meant new

*Goes to think about the bad things he said* But damn...if it stayed at that price, I'd almost be tempted to buy it. If I hadn't just gotten such a lovely deal on a JCM900, that is...