I need pickups for a classic rock/hairmetal/van halen-ish guitar. They will need to handle distortion and cleans, and be humbuckers. I need a good pedal forevrything from classic rock AC/DC distortion up to heavey metal distortion. Im thinking the DimeDistortion pedal.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
What amp you got?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
getting a ValveKing Royal eight, thats why I'm getting this stuff.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Quote by Pinky19
getting a ValveKing Royal eight, thats why I'm getting this stuff.

Ohh, fun...fon't get a distortion pedal then, get an overdrive pedal or maybe even just an EQ. As far as pickup combos go what kind of guitar do you have?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

... Peavey Predator Plus. I want to get a new guitar later, but it has an amazingly good trem.

Peavey Predator? So alder or basswood at best? In that case I'll go for one of these combos

Bridge: Dimarzio Norton Neck: Dimarzio Breed
Bridge: Dimarzio Super distortion Neck: Dimarzio Breed
Bridge: Duncan Custom Custom Neck: Duncan 59
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

these will also be good with heavey metal?

what about a super distortion for bridge+ 59 for neck.

Hmmm...it might be tricky balancing the two outputs as the Super Distortion is way hotter than a 59, also it's arguably the least versatile of the three...it's quite a fizzy sounding pickup, great for 80's tones but perhap not ideal for traditional metal tones.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

i need to be able to get HEAVEY distortion as well.
EDIT: after reading about the 59' I definately want it. He said it is perfect for van halen.

Last edited by Pinky19 at Oct 11, 2007,
All three of those bridge pickups are damned hot...you don't need a pickup with distortion in it's name to get distortion
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

i was reading the description, and it was the only one that talked about getting good heavey distortion.

Ignore the descriptions...they're all guff

Remember, distortion comes from the amp, not the pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

So a Custom Custom+59 combo would be good? Would all these combos work out sounding alike, or do they each have distinct sounds?

Last edited by Pinky19 at Oct 11, 2007,
well?

**bump**

well, I just realised how expensive pick ups are. Either new pickups or a pedal. which one should i get?

Get a pedal, it'll make a lot more difference - remember you don't need a "metal" distortion, or even a distortion....just a nice overdrive or maybe even just an EQ.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

^ agreed.

HBE power screamer or big D, something like that, depending on budget. i hear good things about the MI audio crunch box as well, though I haven't tried that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?