Well, I've been working on sweep picking and alternate picking lately. Getting them accurate before starting with a metronome. I've just about got sweep picking dead on, just need to know what tempo to start on and raise it up by. I've heard people say start on like 40bpm and raise by 5bpm. But i've also heard others say start at like, 80bpm and raise by 1bpm. Just was hoping to find out what really is the best method. Also, I'd like to know what would be good to start the notes in my sweep as? Eighth, Sixteenth, etc.?

Please and thank you.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
SPAAAAAAAARRRRTTTAAA! No?
Quote by Guitarist132
Incorrect, the correct answer was papua new guinea

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
Quote by monkeyboyjr
Well, I've been working on sweep picking and alternate picking lately. Getting them accurate before starting with a metronome. I've just about got sweep picking dead on, just need to know what tempo to start on and raise it up by. I've heard people say start on like 40bpm and raise by 5bpm. But i've also heard others say start at like, 80bpm and raise by 1bpm. Just was hoping to find out what really is the best method. Also, I'd like to know what would be good to start the notes in my sweep as? Eighth, Sixteenth, etc.?

Please and thank you.

It doesnt really have to be a particular tempo. every one is different. I would suggest finding out where your "max" tempo is. (meaning the fastest tempo that you can play it at... and I mean play it clean and accurate.).

Then lower the metronome a bit and work up from there.

You dont have to start at 40 and work up 1 click at a time. ( ofcourse you can if you want)
Quote by GuitarMunky
It doesnt really have to be a particular tempo. every one is different. I would suggest finding out where your "max" tempo is. (meaning the fastest tempo that you can play it at... and I mean play it clean and accurate.).

Then lower the metronome a bit and work up from there.

You dont have to start at 40 and work up 1 click at a time. ( ofcourse you can if you want)

Thanks, but what should I start the notes as? I've heard people doing Sixteenth notes and above, but i've also heard people doing lower than that.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Quote by Guitarist132

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
Quote by CloserToTheSun
Out of curiosity: what arpeggios are you practicing?

Just anything I make up. Helps keep my fingers from getting used to a specific pattern and only being good at that one pattern. It's easy to make an arpeggio. Just take any chord...say Am7...and make a good shape out of it.

A Minor Seven

e|------------8------------------------------------|
B|----------8--------------------------------------|
G|--------5----------------------------------------|
D|------7------------------------------------------|
A|----7--------------------------------------------|
E|--5----------------------------------------------|

Just made that up...not hard. Take the notes of a chord and find them on the fretboard at different places.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Quote by Guitarist132

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.