well, ive only been playing for about one week.
ive gotten into learing theory, scales, chords, all kinds of stuff.
the hardest thing i can play is probably the solo to "the river" by good charlotte, but synyster gates of A7X plays it.
i dont really like good charlotte, but since Matt and Syn were featured, i listened.
its only like 25 seconds tho lol.
*OK BACK ON TOPIC NOW*
i cant totally play it just yet.
i can play most of it full speed, until it gets to the fast part, which isnt too fast, but for me it is lol. so im using the metronome to slowly progress untill i get it full speed.
so am i where i should be?
FightFor Honor, Fight For Your Life, Praying To God That Our Side Is Right.
-M.I.A.

Seize The Day or Die Regretting the Time you Lost is Empty and Cold Without You Here.
-Seize The Day
I thought the same thing when I first started.

Don't worry about it, go at your own speed. That doesn't mean play once a month, it means don't rush yourself and get stressed. It happens to me.
one week is too early to tell. Besides, people progress at different speeds its completely natural.

Just focus on having fun for now, there will be plenty of time for improvement. Learn a few songs you like, not just a solo.
WTLTL 2011
Jeez...one week is nothing, you're hopefully going to be playing that thing for the rest of your life!

Guitar isn't a race, and there's no set "scale" for how good you should be, everybody has different hands, different ears. There's very few people who couldn't play the guitar if we wanted, but some people have a better developed sense of rhythm, or a more inhereent ability to recognise notes, some have smaller hands, some have stronger fingers. Ultimately it all evens out along the way but everybody learns at different speeds in different ways....stop worrying and enjoy yourself.

Just don't try to learn too much at once, take it slowly and make sure you learn each new aspect properly. It is so much harder to go back and try and re-learn something you think you already know than it is to learn i properly the first time round.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i see wat u mean guys..
thnx a lot.
i thought i sucked or something, but u guys convinced me that everyone learns at different speeds =)
i owe u guys.
haha i was so frustrated
-M.I.A.

Seize The Day or Die Regretting the Time you Lost is Empty and Cold Without You Here.
-Seize The Day
You do suck...

...everybody sucks when they first pick up a guitar

Seriously, the first 6 months or so will be the most frustrating, but there'll come a point around there where things just sort of "click" and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You do suck...

...everybody sucks when they first pick up a guitar

Seriously, the first 6 months or so will be the most frustrating, but there'll come a point around there where things just sort of "click" and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about

hahah i meant i sucked for the time i was playing
-M.I.A.

-Seize The Day
you are never where you should be,,then moment you think you are is the moment you slip.