real quick question...

the way I fret is weird, I only use my index and ring fingers most of the time. and I push really hard on the back of the neck with my thumb bent back at a right-angle
(which I got told was called anchoring?) but yeah, its getting a little uncomfortable on my thumb when I play for longer than half hour/20 mins

so any problems with me fretting like that?
besides it being uncomfortable for me lol
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Cut off all your fingers, and keep them in a freezer until your cravings stop, then go to hospital and have them sewn back on.

If you manage to smoke without fingers then you deserve a cigarette
you should always...always....always, try to fret with all four fingers. just using one or two is hindering your process pretty bad...with your thumb problem...try to loosen up just enough, i've heard it's ok to put your thumb anywhere on the back, as long as your not like wrapping it, but keeping as little surface area as possible is better 'cuz you can move less thumb faster, than more thumb, which of course means, faster solo'ing and what-not
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
^Yepper. Also, less pressure from your thumb will allow you to move faster because you have less resistance from your hand. Try to utalize your finger muscles more and your thumb less.
Try to move your thumb around a bit, see if you can find a more comfortable position. I don't know exactly how to fix your thumb problem, I've never experienced anything similar, but a prime rule that I always tell people about is you have to focus on relaxing. If your muscles in the arm of your fretting hand are tense - they don't need to be. Make sure you're only moving your fingers around and not your biceps or triceps or anything. They're only allowed to use if you're tremolo picking (with your picking hand).
I'm a communist. Really.
cheers guys
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Cut off all your fingers, and keep them in a freezer until your cravings stop, then go to hospital and have them sewn back on.

If you manage to smoke without fingers then you deserve a cigarette