I was just thinking that there was originally 2 humans on earth. Straight math would mean the ratio 2 makes 1 (or multiples ad infinium ) and so on. Also taking into consideration the era and birth rate of the homo sapian, what would the world populations have been thousands of years ago and how would you work out the multiplication rate since the first (or 2nd!) conception?
Last edited by zzany1 at Oct 11, 2007,
...So you believe in the Bible?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
...So you believe in the Bible?

just asking other the question i am an impartial stand-byer

EDIT!!!-bystander! I am a bit cained tonight.
Hey, I'm Catholic, but I have NEVER believed the Genesis account on a literal level (really, no Catholic is supposed to). It's just mathematically, geologically, and morally insane. Do you know how many brother/sister marriages there would have to have been for the first generations? It's all wrong on so many levels.

Also, Religion Thread.
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Quote by CaptainWow
Hey, I'm Catholic, but I have NEVER believed the Genesis account on a literal level (really, no Catholic is supposed to). It's just mathematically, geologically, and morally insane. Do you know how many brother/sister marriages there would have to have been for the first generations? It's all wrong on so many levels.

Also, Religion Thread.

I never said anything about organised religion

also its a population question.
Quote by zzany1
I never said anything about organised religion

also its a population question.

Aha, I see.

Well, it's been answered already, it seems...

Jolly good thread, chaps!
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Quote by Child In Time
The Adam & Eve story is not supposed to be taken literally.

Oh yeah **** im really stoned tonight!. I never thought of Darwins account of how man was created from apes, thus there would be lots of the same creature evolving into human species at the same time. Kewl image tho!
Quote by Child In Time
The Adam & Eve story is not supposed to be taken literally.

...It isn't?
This is gonna turn into an incest thread very soon. But seriously, why does everyone have to get so in-depth with the creation story? Most stories in the Bible do not have modern day logical explanations. The whole point of a religion is to take its beliefs on faith, without any fact supporting it.