What syles of music is a Firebird suited for?
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

depends what pups you put in it, it can do anything really, just like any other guitar. stock it would be best suited for soft to hard rock and 80's metal

this all depends on the amp too of course
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Anything you decide to play on it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It's good for rock and metal and some other sutff too. It's really not the guitar that makes the music but you. but i know for sure it can play Skynyrd
depends on what you think it sounds like, my jetking, which is meant for jazz/classic rock/blues does metal quite well imo, go play it
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by ibanez87
It's really not the guitar that makes the music but you.

amen
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
It's really not the guitar that makes the music but you.

+2. That said, I think they are geared towards classic rock and alt rock, though they do anything well.
TS, I used to own a 2006 Gibson Firebird V, If you want more info PM, I'd be glad to talk about it.

But in terms of style, IDK why people are saying Hard/Alt Rock, have you guys ever played one?

They're best suited for southern rock and the blues.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
TS, I used to own a 2006 Gibson Firebird V, If you want more info PM, I'd be glad to talk about it.

But in terms of style, IDK why people are saying Hard/Alt Rock, have you guys ever played one?

They're best suited for southern rock and the blues.

I've played the Epiphone, and I thought it was great classic rock guitar, and thought it sounded good for alt too. Of course I think part of that has to do with Dave Grohl playing one
Quote by CJRocker
I've played the Epiphone, and I thought it was great classic rock guitar, and thought it sounded good for alt too. Of course I think part of that has to do with Dave Grohl playing one

The one that Dave Grohl plays isn't really a firebird, it's a firebird studio, which is more similar to an SG than an actual Firebird. Firebirds have thorough necks, are made of mahogany and walnut, and minihumbuckers. Studios have set necks, are just mahogany, and have full sized humbuckers.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
The one that Dave Grohl plays isn't really a firebird, it's a firebird studio, which is more similar to an SG than an actual Firebird. Firebirds have thorough necks, are made of mahogany and walnut, and minihumbuckers. Studios have set necks, are just mahogany, and have full sized humbuckers.

Never knew there was a difference. I think its a psychological thing for me. I see Grohl playing one, then I play alt rock on one, and it just feels and sounds right for it, like a Mustang or whatever.
i dont know where everyone is getting there information.......i own a firebird and its more suited for blues/jazz/southern rock (CCR, Lynard Skynard) they sound ****ing orgasmic through a fender bassman.....and i can get mine to do some british rock/punk through my Vox
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale