My Vox AD30VT blew up on me the other month and I am thinking about options to replace it. I need a 30Watt (or 15Watt Tube) amp, I dont want any built in effects I have a GT-8 for that and because of that this time I want one with an effects loop too. I dont have the world to spend so £250 is really my absolute max, £200 is the prefered number. I dont mind either tube or not, so there you go any ideas would be welcome!
Gear:
Ibanez SA260FM
Ibanez AWD83
Boss GT8
Boss RC20-XL
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Sorry, should have mentioned that. Mainly prog rock, metal anything from Genesis, to Tool, to Oasis to Pantera.
Gear:
Ibanez SA260FM
Ibanez AWD83
Boss GT8
Boss RC20-XL
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
You might be able to get a Marshall DSL401 for £250 on eBay, or in a classifieds directory, and you could get an overdrive pedal at a later date to push it into higher gain stuff.
god dammit. i was going to suggest a grainger blues twin, but as the name suggests.. blues.
but then seeing as you're using the gt-8... still probably a better choice out there

Laney LC-15/VC-15
Soundcity SC-20C (never heard one of these but they get good reviews)

ebay for used Ashdown Fallen Angels. they sometimes go for as low as £250, definitely sound like they would cost a lot more
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Personally I like the Vox, however it really cant do High Gain metal. Yes you can EQ it and get something close but really it isnt the same. As it is I tend to play quite alot of High Gain metal and when I am practising with friends it just doesnt cut through the mix as I would like. Cleans are really very nice and the built in effects are pretty good too.
Gear:
Ibanez SA260FM
Ibanez AWD83
Boss GT8
Boss RC20-XL
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT