Page 1 of 2
How bad is braincell reduction on weed rather Alcohol, or Bashing your head on a floor. I fink me bwains have deemineeeshed
THC does not kill your braincells. It clogs the synapse between them, thus slowing communication by way of neurotransmitters. Over time, if a person smokes more than he or she excercises his or her brain, then that person has more of a chance of having reduced brain power. The brain acts like a muscle. The more you excercise it, the stronger it can stay.
Quote by skeptopotamus
THC does not kill your braincells. It clogs the synapse between them, thus slowing communication by way of neurotransmitters. Over time, if a person smokes more than he or she excercises his or her brain, then that person has more of a chance of having reduced brain power. The brain acts like a muscle. The more you excercise it, the stronger it can stay.

A very well said post.
Spiral Out
Quote by skeptopotamus

exactly! your not gonna be a dumb drop out if your a stoner, i'm getting A's and B's in school right now and i smoke like my body weight in a week.
yes it does screw with your memory, WHILE YOUR HIGH. if you learn something while your high, your probably not going to rmemeber it. thats why you dont smoke in school. anywhere else, your fine. thc is no more harmful than coffee
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
so alcohol is worse? always thought of weed being the less safe drug
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Quote by skeptopotamus

E-blow job for you.

I smoke weed everyday, do brain age training everyday and play sudoku. I havent lost any of my cells, as far as i can tell. My short term memory is still pretty decent too.
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by rage6945
exactly! your not gonna be a dumb drop out if your a stoner, i'm getting A's and B's in school right now and i smoke like my body weight in a week.
yes it does screw with your memory, WHILE YOUR HIGH. if you learn something while your high, your probably not going to rmemeber it. thats why you dont smoke in school. anywhere else, your fine. thc is no more harmful than coffee

Coffee has a stronger physical withdrawal in my opinion. I've found that my breaks from smoking weed had no real physical discomfort, but on days when I don't drink coffee I have a headache. Yay for dependency!
Quote by electricsnake

Most people will say it is the least harmful.
Quote by skeptopotamus
Coffee has a stronger physical withdrawal in my opinion. I've found that my breaks from smoking weed had no real physical discomfort, but on days when I don't drink coffee I have a headache. Yay for dependency!

This is because caffeine is physically addictive, whereas THC is not.
Oh Shit!
Quote by electricsnake

ok, you have been completey mislead and you need to be taught the right information
no one has ever died smoking weed
millions of people die from drinking alcohal
thc is in no way harmful for your body
alcohal is
smoking isnt the best thing for your lungs, but you dont get lung cancer from weed. you get lung cancer from ciggerettes from all the other harmful chemicals (like rat poison) in them. usually when you stop smoking weed for a few weeks, (this happens to me atleast) you'll get a pretty bad caugh for a few days, and you'll hack up a lot of flem. thats all the carcinogens. at that point you breathe and function like someone whos never smoked before
weed is completely safe, its illegal because it would ruin our economy. hemp would replace paper and a lot of fabrics, and tobacco is our main crop, weed isnt a huge crop in the US.
so stop drinking and hit the bong
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
I constantly exercise my brain, especially when I'm writing code. My friend who I program with does the same, and he smokes mad amounts of weed, and he's a sharp as a tack.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by electricsnake

how many people die each year from alcohol? I don't know, but it's a ****load. How many die because of thc? Well, about zero, I guess.
its had a negative impact on me..but like it was said before if you smoke more than you exercise your brain you will get a lil dumber haha...cuz I had homeschooling for 2 years..didnt do any work and just smoked,after a year of smoking pot I had a panic attack and I still smoked..but now I quit and I like not smoking it better..but them were some fun times I'll tell ya that haha
I've lost my mind many times and my wallet many more
Quote by rage6945
weed isnt a huge crop in the US.

Marijuana is West Virginia's largest cash crop.
Quote by kyrreca
how many people die each year from alcohol? I don't know, but it's a ****load. How many die because of thc? Well, about zero, I guess.

yeah well with alcohol you know what's in it at least, half the time your weed has a chance of being laced with some other drug. Unless you have medical m.j
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
Quote by electricsnake
half the time your weed has a chance of being laced with some other drug.

No.

Think about it. Why would a dealer give you drugs without your knowledge for free? He's not going to be in business long if he does this.
Oh Shit!
Quote by electricsnake

Marijuana is probably one of the safest drugs around, truthfully.

The fact that you believed Marijuana to be worse just means you fall prey to the ridiculous anti-marijuana propaganda of our time.

Quote by electricsnake
yeah well with alcohol you know what's in it at least, half the time your weed has a chance of being laced with some other drug. Unless you have medical m.j

More propaganda? Did you guys also know that gullible is written on your moms left ass cheek? Go check, honestly.

As the person above me pointed out, it would **** the dealer over big time.
Spiral Out
Quote by MySweetFracture
E-blow job for you.

I smoke weed everyday, do brain age training everyday and play sudoku. I havent lost any of my cells, as far as i can tell. My short term memory is still pretty decent too.

(.......And im only 12 years old and already im on the stuff. How cool must he be smokin at 12?)

KiDDing
Quote by electricsnake

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. if someone was to lace there weed with.... oh lets say.... coke? alright, a gram of good coke can run you like 80 bucks i think, actually 40, i really dont know i would never touch that ****. basically, if you were going to lace your stuff, it would cost a lot, and no dealer would want to give out extra drugs for free. plus, most of the time you wont have laced stuff. ive baught weed hundreds of times from atleast 50 different people and ive never had laced stuff
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by skeptopotamus
Marijuana is West Virginia's largest cash crop.

hardehardeharhar
Quote by Masonpwiley
Most people will say it is the least harmful.

it is...you cant get addicted to it unlike cocaine or morphine, and if you keep blazing under control your memory will stay fresh too...
Quote by rage6945
ok, you have been completey mislead and you need to be taught the right information
no one has ever died smoking weed
millions of people die from drinking alcohal
thc is in no way harmful for your body
alcohal is
smoking isnt the best thing for your lungs, but you dont get lung cancer from weed. you get lung cancer from ciggerettes from all the other harmful chemicals (like rat poison) in them. usually when you stop smoking weed for a few weeks, (this happens to me atleast) you'll get a pretty bad caugh for a few days, and you'll hack up a lot of flem. thats all the carcinogens. at that point you breathe and function like someone whos never smoked before
weed is completely safe, its illegal because it would ruin our economy. hemp would replace paper and a lot of fabrics, and tobacco is our main crop, weed isnt a huge crop in the US.
so stop drinking and hit the bong

you, sir, are my hero.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
Spraying flyspray on buds gives it a kick. And ****s you up.
Why I only smoke natty buds.
Now that I've moved to IRE I may give up.
Ahhh I miss home-grown outdoors pot.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
it is...you cant get addicted to it unlike cocaine or morphine, and if you keep blazing under control your memory will stay fresh too...

would you say taking weed (generally whenever i can get some) as opposed to (actively..can you wake your mate up to get dope mate) is non addict status
Weed isn't physically addictive like other drugs but It just becomes such a huge part of your life once you start doing it that it can be hard to stop. Oh well, i don't mind, I like it alot.
Rig:
PRS SE semi hollow (blue)
mexican fat strat
Ovation MOB
LTD hybrid 300
Fender Blues Junior
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD 20 and DS1
Quote by MySweetFracture
E-blow job for you.

Well that's not true. When you smoke anything, you're denying your brain of oxygen and, therefore, losing brain cells.

Of course it's no more brain cells lost than kids in a pool seeing who can hold their breath the longest, but it's still some.

(I smoke by the way)
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by electricsnake

this guy has never bought weed before.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Quote by Ostin

I've seen people buy cab soaked in flyspray, then dried.
Some people are ****ing morons.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by MySweetFracture
E-blow job for you.

Lol how the **** would you be able to tell that?
I would say smoke in moderation. And if you have a family history of schizophrenia, I'd seriously reconsider your want to smoke; there's a high correlation between ganja and mental health issues. That said, it's unclear whether weed is the causative agent.

It's tough to research the long term effects of weed (obviously). The best research into this subject was by the Swedes where they performed a longitudinal study on a cohort of national service conscripts (that means they monitored them over a series of years). Results DID show a correlation, but in a statistically significant number of those, they showed precursor signs of schizophrenia prior to taking up the habit. This poses the question: does weed cause schizophrenia or are schizophrenics drawn to weed? The results of this study are hotly contested though.

Whether you're going to go nuts aside, the lifestyle change you can undergo is perhaps more dangerous. I agree with the above posters- I smoked moderately (3-4g/week) for nearly 4 years, and while I did notice a slight drop in short term memory, my other mental faculties were left intact- I was studying for my psych major at the time. My social life, however, consisted of going over to mates places and lighting up bowls and playing playstation for hours. Not cool. At the start of this year though I grew out of it as a habit, and while I do have the occasional joint if its being passed around at a party, it's not a problem anymore. Although now I gotta worry about my alcohol and amphetamine problems...

Whatever ya do, do it in moderation and you'll be right.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

Quote by the dave
yeah man I put my hand up their skirt and pick em up like a six pack

Quote by Death_switch
mr bill0ws is right
advice:

avoid Stress..... (its a type of weed)

man this stuff is freaking wierd man.

its worn off, but while i sit in front of my computer, my legs feel really cold and numb and buzzing and far away and really light...but heavy at the same time....

idk...just never get 20-30fatty hits of it within an hour....or you will be trippin' really hard...
=]

but yeah....alcohol causes long-term damage that can't be fixed really....
and weed causes extremely short-term impairments....but its not how commercials are
with the "What Now?" things. or "Above The Influence".
my brother smokes a blunt to himself and goes for a drive and is high off of his ass but can drive jus fine =] so thats a myth busted right there.....just don't smoke stress and drive or you might trip and misjudge by ALOT and kill yourself in a horrid crash...haha

edit:

^ it causes schizophrenia to a certain degree of course
if you're really high you're susceptible to believing anything right away, and you
can feel things that you really don't....like i was rubbing my knees really fast against my perfectly smooth desk, and i thought my legs were burning.
and my best friend, was told by our friend who was smokin with us, after he left, that sean (my best friend) fell and hit his head REALLY hard on a curb, so he was trippin out for the next 6hours of our uber high off of Afghan.

so yeah...it definately causes schizophrenia.
and a schizophrenic using it might turn weed into a Delirium for them, making them
probably have dramatic effects and hallucinations.
Last edited by MrDURPEEDURP at Oct 11, 2007,
Quote by Ostin

my friend had his laced with coke
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
i have come to terms with myself that i smoke a lot of pot........and i dont mind really i just get kinda lazy and don't do ****.

Today i stayed sober all day...i wasn't tired but i was extremely bored.

im gonna go smoke a bowl now
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
^ im gonna share a blunt with my brother in some hours after everyone is sleeping lol

^^its called Chronic.
and it doesn't matter, its not going to do anything bad unless you take Chronic, and add more cocaine to it.
then it'll become addictive....and thats not good.
Kush is better anyways.
Quote by electricsnake
my friend had his laced with coke

1)did he not notice the little white specs???
2)did he not notice that when he did smoke it he got numb???
3)did he go back for more???
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Page 1 of 2