Recently one of my hard drives fried, and there was some very important pictures on it, I was just wondering... does anyone know if the program "windows picture and fax viewer" (On Win XP) creates a cache of all the pictures you preview in a slide show?

you see, the pictures were on the hard drive that crashed, but i figured if that program created caches of the pics, they would be stored on my system hard drive (C

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i need my pr0n back...jk..
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
No, I don't think it does. Sorry bud. If it does make any temporary files it deletes them straight after you close the pic.
If it created restorable copies, they would be on the hard-drive as well. Those pictures will not be stored in your memory because RAM is dynamic, and they won't be stored in your processor cache because that is even more dynamic. If the hard drive is gone for good, there's really no way to bring your pictures back.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
you're pretty much screwed, sorry man

i think there are programs for that kinda thing, but are your pics worth 100 bucks?
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
There might be a cache of thumbnails somewhere, but they are really quite tiny. I'm not sure though, that might just be the internet cache or something.

Edit: You can always download more pr0nz
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Last edited by Metalcredge at Oct 11, 2007,
Yeah i was pretty sure there was no way of recovery, oh well. Thanks for the quick replys.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String