Sooo i'm looking to trade in my AC15 for something with some good gain. It has to be a tube amp combo. My price range is up to 750 USD. I can't decide at all!! help me choose, you guys have such good decisions :P
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
peavey 5150 combo. go for around 500-600 bucks. leaves you with money for new tubes =]
how ever , thats a really high gain amp with apprently cleans that would make you cry if your used to the AC15. i heard a chorus pedal makes it sound better though.
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Medium head

Ibanez RG1570 Black with Green Dimarzios (For Sale)
Schecter C1 Classic (SD JB/59)
Schecter C1 Hellraiser (EMG 81/85)

Ibanez Tube Screamer
Metal Muff
DOD Death metal
Cry baby Wah
Quote by stonedkirby
peavey 5150 combo. go for around 500-600 bucks. leaves you with money for new tubes =]
how ever , thats a really high gain amp with apprently cleans that would make you cry if your used to the AC15. i heard a chorus pedal makes it sound better though.

I Like a more dirty sound, and i love those Peavey's.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
you could get a new valve king combo for around that much, but i havent had any experience with the although i know the 5150s sound really good.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
If you like the basic sound of the Vox but need more gain I think (wait until Slats verifies this) that the AC30 has more gain on tap. Not sure about the price new. VK's have a little more gain but its not British voiced (like Vox) its American voiced, but still less gain than modern metal requires without a distortion pedal. VK would be worth a try but don't forget the generally better value of buying used. A used 5150/6505 has plenty of modern metal gain without a pedal needed.