Ive just bought a jackson kelly on ebay - ke3 (the older one with duncan designed) ive already figured out what to do with electronics and bridge so i dont need any help with that, but what i do need help with is the paint, i need ideas, something simple, yet effective. (preferably in black and white because im going to have zebras in neck and bridge. )

i was thinking the michael schenker thing, but ive also had ideas of doing like a bengal stripes (see jackson site) and union jacks (im english) but ive not had something yet thats really hit me as being the right thing to do. any ideas?
how about white with the VH random stripe thing goin on.

that would look cool. i mean, it is done very often but i think it would look pretty cool on a Kelly. and kinda unique. unless you dont want to have a Charvel looking Jackson...

but hey, they all came from Fender
bengal stripe would be cool! what about a bulls-eye type thing? if your a zakk fan lol...
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
do a black and white union jack that covers the entire guitar, that would look sweet

EDIT: something like this maybe, id definately take this over a VH rip off

Last edited by Diamond Dave at Oct 12, 2007,
that is an awesome Kelley. The only thing i could think of is to attemt to swirl it, but i kno thats not easy. maybe some sort of cool burst, like red/black or black with red edges. I rly like the rising sun graphic on the Jackson site. maybe blue/red or red/white. maybe do pinstripes on the bevels.
Quote by aurian4parker
how about white with the VH random stripe thing goin on.

that would look cool. i mean, it is done very often but i think it would look pretty cool on a Kelly. and kinda unique. unless you dont want to have a Charvel looking Jackson...

but hey, they all came from Fender

i like that idea too. a VH kelly.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer