Ok, so currently I have an MG100HDFX half stack. So as you may gather from that one little sentence, I'm looking for a new amp.
My budget is strictly £500 or less, so there is no point in anyone saying "well if you save another £50" or something like that because like I said, it's a strict budget.
My playing style is a bit mixed, I play Joe Satriani type stuff mainly, along with blues, some punk, hardish rock (like AC/DC, GNR, VR, Van Halen etc) and stuff like that.
My guitar will most probably be an Epi Les Paul, I say most probably because I will be getting a new guitar first as I am still with my old first one. I know many of you will say "get the amp first" but there is no point getting the amp first if I literally don't have a guitar to play with it.
I will be gigging with it so it's gotta be nice and loud also must be tube, but i don't think I need to say that.
I've been looking at the Ashdown Fallen Angel half stack, though I've heard it is mainly for metal (which I'm not in the least bit interested in) so I was wondering if it is versatile for some other genres aswell.
So that's basically it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by s.r.v.
will you look used?

I guess I will but I really ain't enthusiastic about buying online, but should the right deal come along, maybe.
Ultimately though I'm really looking to buy new, or close to new.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
If you can get the Fallen Angel stack it'll be a steal....you can pick them up for around £400, no? It's a lot more versatile than they'd have you believe, and if anything metal is probably it's weakest suit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
No he doesn't...he uses the Peavey JSX which costs about 4 times as much.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
If you can get the Fallen Angel stack it'll be a steal....you can pick them up for around £400, no?.

Well in the guitar shop in the town of where I live, seperately the head is £350 and the cab is £150. But I reckon I can haggle them down to at least £450 if not more.
Glad to know it can suit various genres. Of course I'll be trying it out before making any sudden movements first though
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
Well in the guitar shop in the town of where I live, seperately the head is £350 and the cab is £150. But I reckon I can haggle them down to at least £450 if not more.
Glad to know it can suit various genres. Of course I'll be trying it out before making any sudden movements first though

You've heard my clips of the combo haven't you? I've wh0re them around pretty much every thread I post in
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Swat Man
i know what satriani uses. im telling him to get a peavey cuz satriani uses them

Yeh, but Slash uses Marshall, look at the heap of crap I have at the moment lol.
Seriously though, I don't fancy the Peavey Classic, granted much better than I got now but I just feel I can get more bang for me buck you know.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by Swat Man
i know what satriani uses. im telling him to get a peavey cuz satriani uses them

well then thats the dumbest ****ing reason to tell him to get something. Hendrix used marshalls, but he didnt use a marshall mg halfstack...zakk wylde endorses the marshall mg too, but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck balls

and yes satriani uses a jsx just because the same brand makes an amp doesn't mean all the models of amps are the same.

anyway, im not sure how much jcm 800's go for in england (im assuming thats where you are) but i think they are cheaper than in the states (around 800-1000 used) and i dont know what the difference is between pounds and dollars but i know 500 pounds are more than 500 dollars. i would look into a nice marshall combo tube amp
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
Quote by steven seagull
You've heard my clips of the combo haven't you? I've wh0re them around pretty much every thread I post in

I'm not sure mate lol, probably. I havent been on this forum for a good couple of months now (I used to always come on here when I was on an I.T course earlier in the year) I'll have a gander at them anyway.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by GuitarJunkie
anyway, im not sure how much jcm 800's go for in england (im assuming thats where you are) but i think they are cheaper than in the states (around 800-1000 used) and i dont know what the difference is between pounds and dollars but i know 500 pounds are more than 500 dollars. i would look into a nice marshall combo tube amp

I'm actually in Wales mate (next to England) also pounds to dollars is pretty much 1:2 (£1 pretty much equal to $2). Yeh I've had a look around for some Marshall combos, the DSL401 caught my eye.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
guitar junkie Marshall MG's have nothing to do with it. everyone knows zakk wylde will do anything for a buck and will endorse anything. you cant even compare MG's to peavey classics
Quote by Swat Man
guitar junkie Marshall MG's have nothing to do with it. everyone knows zakk wylde will do anything for a buck and will endorse anything. you cant even compare MG's to peavey classics

You still suggested an amp that's completely different to the one Satriani uses on the basis of the brand name, which is stupid...guitar junkie's example was more extreme in tha the MG's are also crap as well as different but it's still exactly the same argument you used.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc