Well, whenever I play power chords, it hurts my hand. Not badly or anything, it just gets uncomfortable. I'm fine with regular chords. If anyone had some pictures or something that shows me where to put my thumb on the back of the neck or anything like that, it'd be great if you could post them.
how long have you been playing? when I first started playing, power chords made my hand feel very uncomfortable, but as I played more and longer I got used to it. I dont even feel it now. Whenever I'm playing a power chords with the A string the base part of it, i hold my thumb on the E string lightly so I can mute it, and not worry about distorting the chord i'm playing. that's just how i do it though, a light version of the Hendrix Thumb, if you prefer thats all I have to say, later
They call me... Chicken Legs....
Quote by kyrreca
you're probably pressing down way too hard

so he took the "power" part of the chord literally?
Be cool.
Quote by kyrreca
you're probably pressing down way too hard

A stupid as it sounds, I think you might have something there... I DO press down harder than I would with a regular chord... Damn, now I feel stupid...
Quote by Kinderfeld
A stupid as it sounds, I think you might have something there... I DO press down harder than I would with a regular chord... Damn, now I feel stupid...

No reason to feel stupid, it's a common thing to do. Just focus on your left hand, and try to get rid of the tension. Never use more pressure than necessary. It will make you play better too.
Quote by kyrreca
No reason to feel stupid, it's a common thing to do. Just focus on your left hand, and try to get rid of the tension. Never use more pressure than necessary. It will make you play better too.

Alirght, cool. I'll try that. Thanks for the help everyone
Last edited by Kinderfeld at Oct 11, 2007,