Been playing guitar for 6 months now, and love it. Time for an upgrade in gear lookin to spend around 500-700 on a new guitar,I'm flexable . I needed a little help on where to buy on-line, or in person Boston area. Also, any suggestions on what to buy. Really love Les Paul style guitars. Playin Rock/Metal. Thanks
Last edited by DickyB25 at Oct 11, 2007,
Quote by DickyB25
Been playing guitar for 6 months now, and love it. Time for an upgrade in gear lookin to spend around 500 on a new guitar,I'm flexable . I needed a little help on where to buy on-line, or in person Boston area. Also, any suggestions on what to buy. Really love Les Paul style guitars.Thanks

What is your current gear? Amp guitar etc.? Chances are you could probably benefit from an amp upgrade instead of a new axe. But if your mind is set in the guitar, maybe an Agile Les Paul copy, an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
Be cool.
I currently have an Ibanez GRX20, with a Marshall MG15DFX Combo Amp. I looked into the agiles on rondomusic.com, it seems like a really good guitar for the price much more than you would get with an epi, for the same money. Does anyone own one or know someone who does. If anyone could provide feedback on playin an agile it would be appreciated
Quote by DickyB25
I currently have an Ibanez GRX20, with a Marshall MG15DFX Combo Amp. I looked into the agiles on rondomusic.com, it seems like a really good guitar for the price much more than you would get with an epi, for the same money. Does anyone own one or know someone who does. If anyone could provide feedback on playin an agile it would be appreciated

Aye, thats what I assumed. The amp. I would upgrade the amp first man. But maybe with $500 you could still afford to buy a new amp and Agile. Are you mainly a bedroom player or are you looking to gig in the near future? I have heard good things about Agile, and they get a lot of praise on these forums for good reason. They are affordable, well built, and are considerably better than Epiphones.
Be cool.
Just a bedroom player, no gigs in the near future. Thanks for the feedback on the agiles I have only heard good things about them. Any suggestion on an amp I was lookin at a line 6 75w spider, because of all the built-in effects, but I've only seen negative things posted on this site about them.
Quote by DickyB25
Just a bedroom player, no gigs in the near future. Thanks for the feedback on the agiles I have only heard good things about them. Any suggestion on an amp I was lookin at a line 6 75w spider, because of all the built-in effects, but I've only seen negative things posted on this site about them.

Yeah, Marshall MGs and Line Six Spiders aren't too great. Having owned an MG myself i can say they are less than pleasing. Well, how much are you willing to spend on an amp? What kind of wattage are you looking at? I think 15-30 watts would be good for the bedroom. Try looking at the Vox Valvetronix series. They generally garner decent reviews and comments. I own one, and I am pretty pleased with it. Also, what kind of music do you like to play?
Be cool.
I like to play metal or hard rock. If I were to buy an Agile, it would leave me 200-300 for an amp. I just want something with some built in effects, and loud enough to wake the neighbors if I feel like it.
Quote by DickyB25
I like to play metal or hard rock. If I were to buy an Agile, it would leave me 200-300 for an amp. I just want something with some built in effects, and loud enough to wake the neighbors if I feel like it.

Try looking at Vox valvetronix series or the Roland Cube.
Be cool.
Try the spider before you totally count it out. I like em for what they are and a lot of people who bash them here never even played one and are just riding the bandwagon. For bedroom playing the variety of sounds is awesome. No need to have a bunch of pedals to practice in your room.
If you have a hard time telling the difference between tones through different amps, I would bring someone along with you who does. An amp that may seem great now may not seem great another 6 months from now.