Page 1 of 2
So im thinking of getting the iPhone seeing as my current phones ****ed up!

Im just wondering what its like? Camera etc. If someone could give me a brief discription of it and features! and is it worth getting?
Don't get it. Give the money to charity instead.

If you buy an iPhone, somebody's going to die because of you.
i only use my cell phone for one purpose. Calling people. I have an ipod for music, and i could care less about surfing the webz and taking pictures.

Save 40189326401872364018736 dollars and buy a regular phone.
Not Enough AssHatery
DON'T GET AN IPHONE

The creators of that thing kill kitties and eat little children....do you really want to support that?

Any how, I am off to take a poo
Quote by larry jones
Don't be a tool.

iPhones aren't worth it.

+1000

Do ahead if you want, but if you do your research you may change your mind.
Don't get an iPhone.

Its way too expensive by itself, then the service itself costs just as much.
Spastic Ink
Quote by False_God
^^not really been a tool!

You would be if you got one. I think a lot of people agree with me, Apple is the biggest hipster ****ing corporation in the world. Annoying.
i heard the internet is really slow and that there is no camera. don't listen to anybody, i would just research it. if you want it bad enough, get one, simple as that. personally though, i wouldn't.
PWning N00bs Today!
Quote by panterarocker
Id say get one my friend has one and he says it was well worth the investment.

I've got friends who say the exact same thing about the Rascat Flats CD.. That doesn't make it true.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
The only positive thing I've heard is tha t YouTube is alright. Internet connection in general is **** and the price for service is outrageous and ****.
iPhones are junk, they aren't worth the money, the service is ridiculously expensive and they don't last long before you have to pay to have them fixed.

Also, phones are meant for calling people. That's all it needs to do. Save yourself a lot of money and aggravation.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I think the iPhone looks pretty cool. Just because they are a big corporation doesnt mean that their stuff sucks. Why does the iPod do better than other mp3 players? Because its a hell of alot better thats why, and because the heads of Apple are smart, a hell of alot smarter than you people who bash them because you don't make as much money as them. Give me a break.

iPhone= expensive, but cool as hell phone. If you have the money, I would get it.
the service is horrible Mac uses a different kin dof signal no there very crappy like most Mac products
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
It's overrated and overpriced.
You can get phones with the same abilities and more, for less money.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

have any of you had or used an iPhone? How many people who hate iPods have one? Id just like to know, because in my experience the people who hate them, dont have one.
700$ yah i dont think so

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
It's a seven hundred dollar phone?

**** that ****
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by larry jones
Don't be a tool.

iPhones aren't worth it.

I don't see how getting an iPhone makes you a tool????

I have friends that have them and they're pretty cool, they have really nice features that are a lot of help at times. Whoever said that it will just break is wrong as well, the screen has close to a 1/4 inch piece of glass (yes, real glass, not acryllic or plastic) and they're very solid. I doubt most people who posted have ever even touched one.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by amorebelladonna
because in my experience the people who hate them, dont have one.
Uh...that's why we don't get them.
Quote by V12prowler

Because you are willing to pay more for a name when you could have all those capabilities for so much cheaper.
Quote by V12prowler

I have friends that have them
and they're pretty cool, they have really nice features that are a lot of help at times. Whoever said that it will just break is wrong as well, they screen has close to 1/4 inch of glass (yes, real glass, not acryllic or plastic) and they're very solid. I doubt most people who posted have ever even touched one.

Thats why. You can get something with more features for less money.
i would wait for Gen 2 & it becoming officially unlocked
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by Masonpwiley
Thats why. You can get something with more features for less money.

Quote by larry jones
Because you are willing to pay more for a name when you could have all those capabilities for so much cheaper.

Ok, show me a phone that has the same or more features for "so much cheaper".
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Yeah but you haven't ever had one. How do you hate them? You're just going on blind opinion, and lots of you don't want to get one because it supports and "evil corporation." You can dislike them if you want, but you shouldn't say someone is a tool because they want one.
Quote by amorebelladonna
Yeah but you haven't ever had one. How do you hate them? You're just going on blind opinion, and lots of you don't want to get one because it supports and "evil corporation." You can dislike them if you want, but you shouldn't say someone is a tool because they want one.

I have friends that rave about them. I have used them before.

Nothing that amazing about them.

I have to go, I hope people here wil keep spreading my good word.
When I ask him to prove what he said, he has to go. Very convenient.
Quote by R_H_C_P

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by V12prowler
When I ask him to prove what he said, he has to go. Very convenient.

I won't contest that it's a good phone. However, I think it's ridiculous that people pay so much for extra features that are kind of.. Over kill. I have to agree that phones are meant for calling people.. All the extra stuff isn't that important, really. The money could be used for something more interesting. Especially since the technology will be obsolete soon enough.
Quote by vintage x metal

i have one. i love it, i upgraded to an 8 gig from a first gen razr. 2 mega pixel camera is fantastic, but no video. i was surprised to find i couldn't receive pictures in a text message, only text. i don't use some of the features such as stocks or maps ever, but i'm not really a business man. i check my email and whatnot on it daily when i'm not home, but i haven't gotten my first bill yet so i'm a little scared X_X my favorite part is the fact that i use it for an ipod 8 gigs is more than enough for me. the overall phone experience is simplified and more enjoyable. I'd recommend picking one up if you have the opportunity, no problems with mine so far
<('.'< ^('.')^ (>'.')>
Quote by bpp1991
i have one. i love it, i upgraded to an 8 gig from a first gen razr. 2 mega pixel camera is fantastic, but no video. i was surprised to find i couldn't receive pictures in a text message, only text. i don't use some of the features such as stocks or maps ever, but i'm not really a business man. i check my email and whatnot on it daily when i'm not home, but i haven't gotten my first bill yet so i'm a little scared X_X my favorite part is the fact that i use it for an ipod 8 gigs is more than enough for me. the overall phone experience is simplified and more enjoyable. I'd recommend picking one up if you have the opportunity, no problems with mine so far

I HATE YOU!

Don't support them horrible people.....That is an order....So, don't support them bad bad people.....please...I'll give you candy!
Quote by amorebelladonna
I think the iPhone looks pretty cool. Just because they are a big corporation doesnt mean that their stuff sucks. Why does the iPod do better than other mp3 players? Because its a hell of alot better thats why, and because the heads of Apple are smart, a hell of alot smarter than you people who bash them because you don't make as much money as them. Give me a break.

iPhone= expensive, but cool as hell phone. If you have the money, I would get it.

Until I can reach through the internet and choke stupid people, I will not be satisfied.

After owning 3 iPods, I feel qualified to talk about them.

They are absolute pieces of sh*t. They are basically external hard drives with batteries, they break easily, the battery wears out very fast if you use it any at all, they're terrible for running because of how hard drives work, and Apple has sh*t customer service.

iTunes is sh*t, the fact that Apple encodes its songs you download is sh*t.

Get a real phone and a Creative Labs mp3 player, or a Zune, or anything but an iPod. Please.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I won't contest that it's a good phone. However, I think it's ridiculous that people pay so much for extra features that are kind of.. Over kill. I have to agree that phones are meant for calling people.. All the extra stuff isn't that important, really. The money could be used for something more interesting. Especially since the technology will be obsolete soon enough.

I agree with you 100%. I probably wouldn't spend the money on it myself but if someone is willing to do so themself and is asking my opinion, I am honest. I think its a great piece of technology and for anyone willing to spend the money it will be money well spent for them.

EDIT:
Quote by imicius
Until I can reach through the internet and choke stupid people, I will not be satisfied.

After owning 3 iPods, I feel qualified to talk about them.

They are absolute pieces of sh*t. They are basically external hard drives with batteries, they break easily, the battery wears out very fast if you use it any at all, they're terrible for running because of how hard drives work, and Apple has sh*t customer service.
iTunes is sh*t, the fact that Apple encodes its songs you download is sh*t.Get a real phone and a Creative Labs mp3 player, or a Zune, or anything but an iPod. Please.

Don't worry about choking others through the internet, just choke yourself right now.

If EVERYTHING you said in you're post actually happened to ALL 3 of you're ipods, you either are the most unlucky fellow alive, treat you're property like complete **** and are extremely rough with it, or you're lying.

1. Yes, ipods are basically external hard drives with batteries, just like Zune's and creative lab players that are over 5GB. Anything under 5 can use a flash memory. you look like a complete dumbass now because you said they run terribly because of hoe ahrd drives work, then you go on and praise other hard-drive based MP3 players.
2. The battery doesnt wear out very fast, i have heard of the battery problems with ipods and almost all of them say it begins to lose charge after 1 YEAR, thats not very fast.
3. Apple has top-rated customer service.
4. They encode songs so you can't download them and re-use them, it makes them money, you would do the same thing if had any say in it.
Quote by R_H_C_P

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Last edited by V12prowler at Oct 11, 2007,
Page 1 of 2