I am am about to sell mine, and I have no idea what a good price would be for it. So help me out.
It has a jb in the bridge and that is the only modification.
pics

My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Quote by Fawk-Xifr
Why selling it??? looks like a kickass guitar?

I want a xiphos BAD and no trem = not my friend. although it is a great guitar
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
250 300 tops you can buy one new for 350...put the emg back in and save the pup for yourself i own it and am gonna change pickups hows the jb react?
Quote by isan
I want a xiphos BAD and no trem = not my friend. although it is a great guitar

No, you don't. The trem will fall out of tune literally every 10 minutes. It's a tuning practice machine. If you sell that guitar for a Xiphos, you're a fool.
Dickless.
LOL dude I dont care, the trem can be replaced with a OFR, so it doesnt really matter. But to be noted is that I have a friend with a edge III and it holds tune fine if you dont wank on it .
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Quote by isan
LOL dude I dont care, the trem can be replaced with a OFR, so it doesnt really matter. But to be noted is that I have a friend with a edge III and it holds tune fine if you dont wank on it .

Not without major routing and modification, and why not get a good guitar for a fraction of the price? Are you really that obsessed with the shape?

Putting a new tremolo in isn't as easy as buying it ($150 by the way) and putting it in; You have to deal with screw holes, size of the bridge, thickness of the guitar, etc. Don't buy a guitar until you know everything about it.
Dickless.
^ OFR will drop in without any routing or modification. Still, for the $850 that a Xiphos and an OFR will cost, there are nicer things one can buy.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I really like the xiphos and I already have a S series for any crazy wanking. This would just be a guitar for thick sound and great looks
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Quote by pifty
^ OFR will drop in without any routing or modification. Still, for the $850 that a Xiphos and an OFR will cost, there are nicer things one can buy.

My friend tried to switch them out and failed, it does take routing.

Quote by isan
I really like the xiphos and I already have a S series for any crazy wanking. This would just be a guitar for thick sound and great looks

You're an idiot. Read the stickies: DO NOT BUY A GUITAR BECAUSE IT LOOKS GOOD. Would you buy an $850 shirt?
Dickless.
Metal, you have good intentions I just believe your misguided. For one I have played it, and it sounded awesome and felt the same. Trust me if it felt or sound just ok I wouldn't want it. The floyd is not that big of a deal to me seeing as I am going to replace it. (yes it is a direct swap for a OFR got the people at my shop to messure for me after you said that)
I have 4 super strats and had 2 LPs so I am burnt out on pretty much all standard shapes to. Honestly if you havent tried one you're missing out unless you just can't stand extreme shapes.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Quote by isan
Metal, you have good intentions I just believe your misguided. For one I have played it, and it sounded awesome and felt the same. Trust me if it felt or sound just ok I wouldn't want it. The floyd is not that big of a deal to me seeing as I am going to replace it. (yes it is a direct swap for a OFR got the people at my shop to messure for me after you said that)
I have 4 super strats and had 2 LPs so I am burnt out on pretty much all standard shapes to. Honestly if you havent tried one you're missing out unless you just can't stand extreme shapes.

I have, through a Peavey 5150 half-stack, and it just sounded blah. If you really need the stealth shape, check out some early BC Rich models, Jacksons, or Carvins.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212

all your posts in this thread

First of all:

The Edge III isn't the trem equivallent of an STD. Sure, it's not as good as an Edge Pro or OFR and yes, it wears out faster, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. With a good setup this trem will last a lot longer than most people around here say it will. Also, an OFR is a direct swap; you will not need to route the body.

Secondly:

The "850 dollar shirt" analogy is just plain wrong. Looks play, have always played and, unless everyone goes blind, will always play a part in buying a new guitar. Sure, you shouldn't buy a guitar just because it looks awesome, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't play a role in the selection proces. Why do you think there are so many shapes, finishes and figured tops?

And finally:

The guitar has DiMarzio pickups. You may not like them, but in terms of quality they're amazing. Pickups are personal preference anyway.

Clearly you don't like the Xiphos and that's fine. However, you should keep in mind that just because you don't like it others might.

For example, I don't like Les Pauls or even Gibson as a company, but that doesn't mean that I don't realise it's all my opinion and that there are many people who like them.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 13, 2007,
Quote by Bonsaischaap
First of all:

The Edge III isn't the trem equivallent of an STD. Sure, it's not as good as an Edge Pro or OFR and yes, it wears out faster, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. With a good setup this trem will last a lot longer than most people around here say it will. Also, an OFR is a direct swap; you will not need to route the body.

Secondly:

The "850 dollar shirt" analogy is just plain wrong. Looks play, have always played and, unless everyone goes blind, will always play a part in buying a new guitar. Sure, you shouldn't buy a guitar just because it looks awesome, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't play a role in the selection proces. Why do you think there are so many shapes, finishes and figured tops?

And finally:

The guitar has DiMarzio pickups. You may not like them, but in terms of quality they're amazing. Pickups are personal preference anyway.

I've had a very bad experience with the Edge 3,a friend picked up and RG with one in it he had to block it off within 5 months.

If you're putting "it looks cool" in your reasons for buying a guitar, it's probably not a good one.

And yes Dimarzio's are good, but you can get a guitar with good pickups in it for less. I suppose if he has guitars to back it up with similar specs it's ok, but it seems like such a waste of money. My guitar is IMO ugly as sin, but it's reliable, sounds good, and it plays well so I have no problem with it.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I've had a very bad experience with the Edge 3,a friend picked up and RG with one in it he had to block it off within 5 months.

If you're putting "it looks cool" in your reasons for buying a guitar, it's probably not a good one.

And yes Dimarzio's are good, but you can get a guitar with good pickups in it for less. I suppose if he has guitars to back it up with similar specs it's ok, but it seems like such a waste of money. My guitar is IMO ugly as sin, but it's reliable, sounds good, and it plays well so I have no problem with it.

It's unfortunate that your friends trem broke, but then again, **** happens. A guitar store owner I know had to wait about 9 months on a custom Schecter and when it finally arrived, the body was cracked. This is bad, but just like your friends guitar it's just one case; other Schecters will arrive fine and last for decades.

Looks shouldn't be the most important thing on your list, but they should count. Let's say you can choose between to guitars which are equal in features and quality: a bland strat copy and a guitar with unique shape that you like which is a bit more expensive. If you can afford it, why not get the better looking one?

Finally, there's always a better deal, no matter how hard you look you'll always find something slightly better for the money. This is great, but endlessly searching doesn't get you a guitar. If you like something, why not get it.

Also, just because your guitar isn't pretty, doesn't mean that others shouldn't buy nice looking guitars.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 13, 2007,
Quote by MetalMilitia212
My friend tried to switch them out and failed, it does take routing.
Two of my friends tried it, and succeeded. I guess your friend just has issues with DIY.

Quote by MetalMilitia212
You're an idiot. Read the stickies: DO NOT BUY A GUITAR BECAUSE IT LOOKS GOOD. Would you buy an $850 shirt?
Don't get your panties in a twist. It's a good guitar. It's very solid, the craftsmanship is nothing to be ashamed of, and I admit, the finish is cute. The trem is its only downside, really.

Quote by MetalMilitia212
I have, through a Peavey 5150 half-stack, and it just sounded blah. If you really need the stealth shape, check out some early BC Rich models, Jacksons, or Carvins.
Now you're just arguing for the sake of an argument. If I like something, why would I look for something similar from 20 years back? Hey, I personally think a 5150 half-stack sounds blah with any guitar. It's all opinion.

If the dude wants to buy a Xiphos and just not use the trem, then hell, why not. It's his money, and it's an okay guitar.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
whyyyyy would you sell that guitar? I has the same one and I love it oh well. I suppose everyone has different opinions
$280 with the JB

$250 with it

You might be able to get more if you had patience but if you're like me, you want it sold relatively quick.
I like ibanez (own a few) but you can look at different brands for uncommon shapes.
I'd have to agree with bonsaiischeap on most matters, except that the Egde 3 is definitely horrid and has been designed by Satan himself. It is a lot worse than it's predecessor, the Edge Pro 2.
Swapping is not a prob though if you don't mind the 150$ extra for a Floyd.
The guitar is butt ugly but good concerning all other aspects.
I usually wouldn't recommend it because I think the Ibanez Prestige series or ESP offer better stuff for that much money, but if the ts likes it, then he should go for it.

And dammit looks DO play a big role. How f*cking retarded do you have to be to expect someone to buy a guitar that does not visually appeal to him at that price?

EDIT:
If you want to sell your RG on ebay, start at something a little below half the original price, if you're going to sell it with the JB, add half of the JB's price to that.
If you don't want an auction, a little above half of the combined price of guitar and JB is always right.

Be a nice fella and restring it and set it up properly when selling it on ebay, that'll surely get you a nice comment.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Oct 22, 2008,
Dont Necro Post!!!!!!!! Look At The Date !
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8