I knew we blew away a lot on this, but I didn't think it was $42 billion.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Wow interesting article
Quote by alecoholic
i thought it would be funny to crap in the top of my friends toilet and mid crap his mom walked in on me...

Founder of the UG Paintball Club
UG Paintball Club Group Page
interesting.... im still gonna smoke it though
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Take away the law. Well, change it to the law like smoking/drinking. That would be better in my opinion.

By the way, Teachers make good money and I am personally getting tired of hearing they don't make much. They on average make 42,000 a year...my parents both combined make maybe 30,000 a year....if lucky. Think if both the husband and wife were teachers. That's 84,000 for an average.
The War on Pot: America wastes $42 Billion
Spastic Ink
Last edited by Schmietty at Oct 11, 2007,
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
Take away the law. Well, change it to the law like smoking/drinking. That would be better in my opinion.

By the way, Teachers make good money and I am personally getting tired of hearing they don't make much. They on average make 42,000 a year...my parents both combined make maybe 30,000 a year....if lucky. Think if both the husband and wife were teachers. That's 84,000 for an average.

are you serious about your parents making 30,000 a year? i made 15,000 last year working part time, making 9.50/hr. so if you parents are truly making that much they need to find better jobs.

and as for the pot thing. it should be legalized. that would be 42 bil. we're not spending plus the gov't would tax it so beyond the 42 bil. we get back it will be more money on top of that. but it wont be legalized because of the powers that be. here is why, you legalize pot cigarette sales go down for sure, well i would think. and if that would be the case the big money tabacco comanies will not have it. and money makes all the calls here in beautiful america.
Last edited by jay_d_ at Oct 11, 2007,
Quote by nirvana001
Just ****ing legalize it already

+2345678765432123456
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
however if the government could control this "mess" they could pay off our billions of dollars of debt in no time!
ehh
Quote by jay_d_
are you serious about your parents making 30,000 a year? i made 15,000 last year working part time, making 9.50/hr. so if you parents are truly making that much they need to find better jobs.

thats not mean or anything lol
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Quote by jay_d_

You are in the North. The cost of living is higher in the North. In the south where I live you would not make that much.
Well if you damn hippies would stop smoking pot we wouldnt have to piss away so much money.
It's 42 billion dollars that they could have, the money they could have from taxing that $113 billion, AND more, due to people entering the business since it will be legal.

I'm all for legalizing it, even though I still won't do it.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
We would also have more money if it wasn't for people taking advantage of welfare....
Quote by zayG
It's 42 billion dollars that they could have, the money they could have from taxing that $113 billion, AND more, due to people entering the business since it will be legal.

I'm all for legalizing it, even though I still won't do it.

Then there will be stoners everywhere and it will be a big mess.

Driving will be a hazard.
I'm sure a lot of that data is stretched, but that's not the most important thing in my opinion. The truth is that there is a lot of money being put into this "problem" that could better our economic situation in so many different ways.

Total legalization may be a bit of a stretch, but they're are plenty of alternative ways at tackling this.
Nikolas
Quote by Dark Aegis
Well if you damn hippies would stop smoking pot we wouldnt have to piss away so much money.

first of all, we arent all hippies, secondly dont blame our smoking pot for that... if it was legal the country would be a better place
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
You are in the North. The cost of living is higher in the North. In the south where I live you would not make that much.

well that i can understand but then your statement the teachers make so much really isnt all that valid because that average was taken from the north and the south. so logically teachers arent making that much in the south. also i can say where i'm from you're not doing very well if you're making 42,000. but i understand your point teachers don't get paid to badly. it's just not really good either.
Better then what it could be....plus they make it out that they get hardly anything
Quote by FRDesign

There already are stoners everywhere. And they all smoke now, why would legalization make them act irrationally and start driving while high? If people want to drive and smoke, they will do so now, legal or not.

Besides, Alcohol is legal, drink driving is a crime. I would imagine the same would be applied to legal cannabis.
And to think that, with ONE phone call; i can have a baggie delivered right to my door in 10 minutes.

Damn Gov't

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Quote by FRDesign

They'd probably make the license test harder/older age to take.
Quote by alecoholic
i thought it would be funny to crap in the top of my friends toilet and mid crap his mom walked in on me...

I don't smoke pot man but im all for the legalization. Legalize it.
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
Quote by Lefty99
They'd probably make the license test harder/older age to take.

That makes no sense.

AT ALL.
I am the Infantry.
if our government had any sense they would realize legalizing it would bring them a ****load of money. think about it, China is making all the money, manufacturing all our stuff, not to mention poisoning a few of us in the meantime, were making none, and spending a ton on all kinds of crap like war, bombs, fences at mexico, welfare, laws that make it possible for the government to spy on us like the patriot act, and apparently 42 billion on "neutralizing the stoners". They could neutralize stoners by supplying them and making money off it, as well as put a huge percenage of drug dealers out of business. plus, make all that money.
Just another stupid thing for the u.s. to piss money away on.
Quote by FRDesign

Nah man you're wayyyyy off.

Theres already stoners, i guarntee that if it becomes legal, people wont just start smoking it because its legal and because they are allowed to. Its like turning 21, you've most likely already been drinking for a few years, at least a year if you go to college, but just because you turn 21 doesnt mean that you become and alcoholic and just because bud becomes legal doesn't mean that a bunch of people will start smoking and become stoners. Most people will hold there same views, laws govern everything but morals, just because something is legal doesn't mean its OK and just because something is illegal doesn't always mean that its bad.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
very interesting, i wonder if politicians are concious of how much money the are blowing over such a mindless desicion..
Quote by nirvana001
That makes no sense.

AT ALL.

Well not really, considering the amount of accidents there are every year involving teens that are sober. I would say they would push it back to what they feel is more of a responsible age.
Quote by alecoholic

you guys are forgetting political power beats the freewill of the people anyday, with the ****ed up military industrial complex going on right now capitalists will do whatever the hell they can do to make sure as many people are going to jail as possible, don't count on anything rational and moral hapenning anytime soon, or ever with the way the american system is formed. Free Market at it's best, the economy shapes the government, not the other way around, and when it's the most powerful rich people in charge of the economy guess who's priorities get served first.
Jesus Christ, that is such bull**** right there. It doesn't even have a reason to be illegal.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY