I have an annoying buzz on the G string. I have tried putting lead pencil in the nut and I have made sure that the string has 3-4 windings on the tuning peg - so far no difference.

Just wondering if any one has any other suggestions ? Maybe its time for my guitar (4 month old Gibson LP Standard) to go off to a luthier and get set up (ie frets levelled etc..)
Could be a bunch of stuff but check this hold down the fifth and 17th fret and see if it touching the 12 fret , it shouldnt.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
where is it buzzing?

if it's rubbing a fret you can just raise the bridge a little.

you changed the strings, did you take all the strings off at once, or change string gauge?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I was waiting for you jenny lol
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
LAf
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Buzz on open G string and ona little on freeted G string.

Soon after I got the guitar I did play around with different gauges but have now settled on 10-46 (that gauge has been on now for about 2 months).

Generally when I change the strings I change one at a time.

Think I will take the guitar back into the store I got if from and get them to take another look (I did a few weeks ago and the told me to try the pencil in the nut).
yeah i mean that's a way to lube a string that rattles in the nut.

but it wont be cure. usually that means the nut cut is a little big for the string gauge.

10s are pretty standard. so that wouldnt be the problem. unless you went pretty thick before and cut into the nut a little.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62