Well, I have just stumbled upon (I think) a Gibson Les Paul Custom for $500. Problem is, I'm really saving up for an AC30 or JCM800, haven't decided. I have about $550. My current gear is in my sig. My guitar right now is basically a LP double cutaway knockoff. I love it to death. So I really need a new amp. But a Gibby LP Custom for $500?!?!?! That seems like a deal I can't pass up. So, what do I do. I REALLY need that new amp, but this is too good to be true. Assuming I don't buy this, I should have about $1000 by Xmas/Bday, putting me at my AC30.

Assume I get the guitar. I'd have $50 left over and by Xmas/Bday I'd have about $500. I could get a job and save up again, or I could settle for a Blues Junior or something. I don't really want one though. I love my Valvetronix and I'm not in a band, so I'm not desperate.

My current choice: Get the guitar and continue to save up for either an AC30 or a JCM800.

Should I do this?

Ben
Ben
a gibson les paul custom for 500$???? where? you should make sure its not like fake or anything... id get the guitar though if its a legit gibson
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
I found an LP custom with a flame maple top in my local Pawn Shop a few months ago, i didnt have enough then and i doubt its still there.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
i guess if it was, you could buy then sell it for profit.

But, you know, might be fake.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Ah, that's a tough situation, man. To be honest, I'd say go amp. I've still got my Valvetronix, and I know I REALLY want a good tube amp that's powerful enough for band/gigs. A lot. Assuming your Yamaha doesn't hinder your playing at all, and it's not utterly ****e, get that AC30.

And then give me a good review.
tell him to send you pics of the trem cavity.

and under the truss rod cover.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

My dad bought it back in '84 for like $200 used. It's in perfect condish. I'm telling you it's basically an LP double cut. Mahogany body, mahogany neck, dual humbuckers, rosewood fingerboard. Pics in my profile. It's the white guitar.
Ben
Quote by jj1565
tell him to send you pics of the trem cavity.

and under the truss rod cover.

Why? What does that prove? I'll do it, I just want to know how it helps me. Thanks.
Ben
shoddy wire work, inferior electronics, the wrong type of truss rod nut, or holes in the wood where they dont belong.

might save u a trip out there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ok if he's too upset to help you then, be suspicious.

if you go out there anyway, dont buy it without opening it urself.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Well nah I just emailed him about 20 minutes ago, so I'm not really expecting anything for a little while.
Ben
I'd be wary of it, too. Why has this guitar changed hands so many times? Certainly not because it's so great, right?

If it sounds too good to be true, it almost always is.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
You know, since you're still deciding on what amp to get, I think you should consider a used YCV40 with KT77's. It should get you around the neighborhood of both tones. You read my review, after all!

I'll see if I can record a clip sometime this month. My co-guitarist has a recording setup that doesn't completely suck, so I'll try and have him help me.
Seriously, mang, British ballsy distortion, and immaculate shimmering cleans.