Really interesting read about a computer-level artificial life project, called Tierra, which creates a pseudo-world for self-replicating 80 byte organisms, with a pre-coded disposition towards mutations, and analyzes the outcome as different byte creatures struggle to establish dominance.

http://kk.org/outofcontrol/ch15-a.html
My God, it's full of stars!
^ Yeah... it kind of is lol

EDIT: BTW, the interesting stuff is on Tom Ray and Tierra and is only three pages.
In the "Blind Watchmaker" by Dawkins, he uses a computer simulator for evolution, but I guess its nothing like this.

Its another curve ball for the creationists.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

How do the different viruses like....destroy each other?...

Sorry, I'm not familiar with computers/codes/programs at all.
Who dat?
Quote by preludetowar
In the "Blind Watchmaker" by Dawkins, he uses a computer simulator for evolution, but I guess its nothing like this.

Its another curve ball for the creationists.

LOL i was just gonna say that. was pretty different though because his were just pictures rather than actual interacting organisms.
Quote by Anarion614
How do the different viruses like....destroy each other?...

Sorry, I'm not familiar with computers/codes/programs at all.

I'm not entirely sure... perhaps they have a natural life/death cycle in their coding?

I downloaded and setup the Tierra program, but it's slightly complex and might be a few days before I fully understand it.

He also has a Reaper in there, however, to help limit certain populations.
Thats awesome...Nerdily awesome!
I read to like, C, then didnt want to read anymore.
Very cool, though.