anarkee sighs deep frustrated sigh

If I had a US dollar for every time someone has asked that question in the past year, I could have bought you a really nice high end Ampeg bass amp by now...

The answer is its a bad idea.

Why. Because Ben and I said so.
alot of people say its bad, but i played a bass through my marshall amp, and i didnt liek crank the volume, but i played it at a reasonable volume, and nothing happened.

nothing blew up, speaker still works.. nothing happened

i think it might be a risk you have to take
It's best not to risk it.

If you have one of those keyboards with a microphone jack built in you can plug in your bass there and be fine...

just don't expect much volume...
Well my friend almost burned down his house when he tried doing that.
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
Bottom line, use the search bar. It's not exactly difficult to do unless you're handicapped
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by anarkee
anarkee sighs deep frustrated sigh

The answer is its a bad idea.

Why. Because Ben and I said so.

i love this forum. we are truly the Seinfeld of UG.

low to mid volumes are ok for practice. but temptation gets the best of all of us, and you blow out your speakers. it's like a gas gauge, you don't know what empty is, until the engine dies. but eventually the engine(amp) will surely die.
we at UG Bass do not recommend playing a bass through a guitar amp.
....and the colored girls sing,... doop, doop, doop,... doop ta doop, doop, doop....
If it catches on fire and the ghost of holy Pete Wentz appears before your eyes then yes, it is a bad idea and you should start running like crazy.

/notveryhelpful
Is it bad to use the search button?

Not at all my boy, not at all. In fact, if you don't, some people may respond to your query with an attitude or be down right mean. Some may even mock you!
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
I know it's bad to run a bass into a guitar amp, but what about running a guitar into a bass amp? I always see these threads but not the other (probably because this is the bass forum ) , and my roommate wants to pick up guitar but can't afford an amp at the same time.
Quote by xOpifex
I know it's bad to run a bass into a guitar amp, but what about running a guitar into a bass amp? I always see these threads but not the other (probably because this is the bass forum ) , and my roommate wants to pick up guitar but can't afford an amp at the same time.

this sir, will cause no harm to the amp.
Quote by xOpifex

Nope. You lose a bit of the treble at the high end, but it sounds ok, and somewhat "full" IMHO. My kid plugs his guitar into my ampeg all of the time, since he can't be bothered to drag his amp from his bedroom to the garage when he jams with his buddies.
ive been playing my bass through my ****ty practice guitar amp, and it works perfectly.
it really depends on the amp
Quote by budgie182
ive been playing my bass through my ****ty practice guitar amp, and it works perfectly.
it really depends on the amp

It really depends on the volume your playing at.
nah it will be alight been playing my bass through a REALLLLLLY crap cheap guitar amp for over a year now and its fine the tone on the thing is crap when its loud but its fine
its not rape if you shout suprise