Hi, this is my first post.
Well, I am from Uruguay, I know that probably you dont know where the hell is my country..
It situated in south America between Argentina and brasil and the Atlantic ocean.
Here there arent too much guitars, or instruments sellers, there are three or four, so we have to import the guitars or buy them in Argentina because they are very expensive.
Recently I started to look for a new guitar, I play Power Metal so I need a Fast Guitar like some Ibanez but i have only a few choices and are this.
Thanks for all.
Jackson Performer Series PS-2.
Used, U$S350
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)

Ibanez GRG 270B BKN
Used, U$S350
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)

Ibanez RG 270
Used, U$S350
(Invalid img)

Ibanez GRG370FM
New U$S490
(Invalid img)
Wow. I thought guitars in the UK is the most expensive...

I wouldn't go with any of them

Check out Ibanez RG321

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

None of em are very good, as Edge Trems are bad, and so are the GRG and G-series guitars in general i think. Id go with a Jackson out of the three.
Thanks , I know that they are bad but if you would have to choose one....
I think that maybe the Jackson.
Quote by qotsa1998
None of em are very good, as Edge Trems are bad, and so are the GRG and G-series guitars in general i think. Id go with a Jackson out of the three.

Only the Edge II and III trems are bad. The original Edge Pro trems are up there with an OFR, but the G series of guitars are very horrible. I'd go with the Jackson, too.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Stay away from GRG. RG = kickass, GRG = no.

Edge trems are usually in general pretty lousy.

And you play metal, you say? Look for a guitar with humbuckers. Not single coils.

You'll get a much stronger tone out of that.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga

And you play metal, you say? Look for a guitar with humbuckers. Not single coils.

i have to agree actually cuz rg's are pretty good the grg370 just seemed best out of these and humbuckers will get you a better metal tone unless you play cleans alot that need a single coil sound
Quote by Ishiga

I will get affected if I use a guitar with only one Humbucker in the bridge ?
Just don't get the GRGs. They are the lowest of the low on Ibnez Guitars. The 270 might be awesome if that is indeed an Edge tremolo.

If not, take the jackson.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
Just don't get the GRGs. They are the lowest of the low on Ibnez Guitars. The 270 might be awesome if that is indeed an Edge tremolo.

If not, take the jackson.

Yes, an Edge tremolo.
What about the pickups? Is there any difference between the Ibanez and the Jackson.
What's with everyone speaking ill of the Edge? Not all of the tremelos in the Edge series are bad. In fact, the Edge Pro and original Edge were awesome.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
I have a Jackson I like it so I'd say Jackson, whoever puts the strings on that though, it''s gonna be a bitch.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
That Jackson is over priced. PS were korean guitars, and had baseball bat necks. $250 tops. I would go with the RG270. Better trem and pickups.
Quote by Esti_Sonata
Yes, an Edge tremolo.
What about the pickups? Is there any difference between the Ibanez and the Jackson.

They're both just stock pickups, the Ibanez probably has V1s or something like that and I have no idea what Jackson stocks are like. Both are probably decent and the amp you use will have more bearing on your tone anyway
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
None of the listed GRGs have the Edge trem. The 270s have an ILT and the 370 has the Edge III. The pickups on those are Powersounds, which are admittedly a bit better than no pickups at all.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I'm happy with my GRG but if you want a floyd you should only get one when you're willing to spend 600+ on a guitar because cheap floyd copies are AWEFUL.

The GRG is an excellent guitar if you don't use the trem I've blocked mine and I'm loving it and won't be buying a new one soon.
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic