Hey guy, sup.

I have recently been thinking about getting a new axe. I've only been playing for 2-3 yrs but I practise 24/7 and i reckon I'm pretty okay. I currently play a yamaha pacifica ($500) which I reckon plays better than the squiers I have played, a J&D Luthiers PG-20 (mahogony and upgraded pick up - $600) I have a few questions

Im thinking of aroung 1000-1400 aus dollars!

1) Epiphone Les Paul (Custom?) - should I or shouldn't I? I have a friend who was doing heaps of giging and reckons he's got a neck problem from playing it on a strap! I'm gonna be doin a bit o that so do any of you have any thoughts on the weight, especially if you own one?

2) The eppi dot. I love the looks, think the hollow body is kinda cool and would get it in black. My main worry though is this. Would it suit me? I play rock and thats what I'll be gigging with, and I haven't read a single review that hasn't said its great for jazz! Would it sound horrible and not have a passible sound when a little distortion is thrown in? Can it carry that heavier sound?

Having said that i do have 1-2 performances with a jazz/funk group so watevver!.

ALL THOUGHTS APPRECIATED>>>THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS INCREDIBLY LONG MESSAGE! Anny ideas for OTHER guitars i should buy? BRING EM ON!
u need a good strap.
my gear:
ibanez RG
digitech RP250
crate RFX15
marshall 30-watt

ignore the username
Quote by Eminored
I'd start a World War too if I listened to enough polka.

Quote by COBHC728
To TriviumJunkie: You need rehab my friend

stanleybach ur fucking banned!!
APSH!!
yeah am, I dont really know the prices...Its Aus Dollars by the way. Can i get a proprer gibson for 1200? Also with LP will a good strap do? Im concerned about being able to play comfortably for long periods of time. Also my price range isn't definite downwards...If you guys know a cheap guitar that will be just as good say.