Poll: Do you hate the elderly?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you hate the elderly?
Yes
58 53%
No
51 47%
Voters: 109.
Page 1 of 2
Yea, most of you know this already, but I decided to re-iterate this fact...

There's basically 3 groups of old people...

Group I - They're the bitter old hags who wander around town looking for bargains on rugs they'll never use, because quite frankly, they've nothing better to do with their time or their money, because they've gotten to the point in their life where they've outlived all their friends and realise they have nobody in their life anymore... So they wander aimlessly around the town getting in my way, peering into shop windows at pieces of crap they'll never buy because, "1 pound and 50 pennies is just too much for a candle holder..." Who the hell buy's candle stick holders anyway, or candles for that matter... WE HAVE LIGHT BULBS FOR CHRIST SAKE... FUCK THE ENVIRONMENT, YOU'RE OLD, NOBODY GIVE'S A DAMN WHAT YOU DO ANYMORE, JUST USE THEM!

Group II - The group who pretend that old age has ravaged their minds and as such ask dumb-assed questions about everything and try as hard as they can just to keep behind the times, in the vain hope that if they act confused enough when they're at the post office they'll get 10 free stamps because the people working there just want them out of the shop.

Then on leaving the shop they'll trap a youth, to get a a glimpse at what they once were, before forcing the polite youngster to walk down some busy street with them, while they proceed to talk them to a point beyond death, a point where you would willingly take a drill and put in your ears rather than hear the old bint keep talking...

And finally, my most hated group of elderly people... The "I'm trying to be modern, but I'm not quite in the year 2007 just yet" group... The ones who go power-walking down my street with hideous sports bra's and tight spandex that makes me want to gouge out my own eyes. They're the same bastards who go to "yoga" classes and "sex" seminars, to watch young women bending over and going into "downwards dog" position, in the vain misplaced belief that just MAYBE they will get a rise for the first time in over 30 years.

Does this scare you? Because it sure as shit scares me...

Old lady trying to keep up with the times...

''Young people don't get up for older people, pregnant people -- it's horrible,'' said the 33-year-old San Franciscan who regularly commutes on the 21-Hayes.
TOUGH ****! BEING OLD DOESN'T ENTITLE YOU TO A SEAT. WHEN I'M OLD, I WON'T EXPECT ANYBODY TO GET OFF THEIR SEAT FOR ME LIKE SECOND CLASS CITIZENS, AND IF I GET TO THE POINT WHERE I DO FEEL THEY SHOULD GET UP FOR ME, I JUST WONT USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT.

That's another thing... Old people use public transport...BUT WHY?!??! Where the hell do they have to go?! All their friends are dead! They have no jobs! I swear to God they just take advantage of the fact its free and get on the first bus they see as a 'mystery trip' to take them somewhere where they can't get home from just so they can wander about like they have dimensia and annoy new people they've never met before, instead of their neighbours, for a day...

Do me a favour, when you leave your home tomorrow, to go to school/work/university/fuel your chronic alcoholism (or whatever it is you do), punch an old person.

(And yes, to all those wondering, I did just get a visit from my elderly grand-father who takes yoga lessons, dresses like the fonz, and wears sunglasses, even when it rains, and my grandmother who's a bitter old hag, today...)

I am of course viciously generalising, not all old people suck...

But the majority, i've found, do.
wow

what a gross misrepresentation of the elderly
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
I hate stereotypical old people, such as above.
But I admit that there are some cool old people.
Like my dad's mate, he's 94 and he's a PIMP, he even has a stick with a silver knob on the end...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
You're right, I dislike the majority of old people too. I'm sitting on a bus, with three other friends, in the four seater one, and this like 30 year old (Not even that old!) woman, walks up and towers over one of my friends, expecting the seat. THE WHOLE ****ING BUS WAS EMPTY! So my friend gets up, and she sits there, ruining the whole bus ride from that point on.

Another thing I'm annoyed with. YOU GET FREE PUBLIC TRANSPORT?!?!
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by ep1kz
wow

what a gross misrepresentation of the elderly

If it makes you feel anybetter, I also hate the youth of today.
Holy shit!!! I think I'm in group III !!!
LMFAO
I would do a I hate cunts thread but I'd be lieing.

Love you too Virgil.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Haggard_Cky
i cant wait to see u when ur old and go back and read this

I refuse to get old, I'll have the decency to just end my life.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05

me too
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05

I couldn't agree more x.x
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Damn, Virgil. Dem bitches be fine!

Moar!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I am 100% with you.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
I'm going to do things like that when I'm old (take advantage of free transportation, etc.) Old people can be cool though.
I hate the old people who think teens are all dicks and assholes that go around knifing each other and call metal "That racket"
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
you have some deep seeded issues that you need to deal with...........not on the internet, like, professionally
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
i like old people...i was talking to this really old guy at the library the other day about philosophy, he had really cool ideas...but there are some that are annoying
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
You're an asshole. How do you think it feels to work hard all your life only to become more and more immobile, gradually lose your memory and become the laughing stock of society? Many elderly people have worked hard all their life and the least you could do would be to show some respect.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Once I was in a shop and some old man came up to me holding a can of tuna and a pair of socks, and said something about how he always wears black socks when he eats tuna. I pretended to laugh and quickly walked away.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Virgil_Hart05

I am of course viciously generalising, not all old people suck...

But the majority, i've found, do.

/\ for all those of you who are taking this far too seriously

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
my poor sexual mind is now ruined because of you Virgil_Hart05

Yes, I know the sight of the elderly must be quite a shock to most of you who have spent the last 3 hours trolling the "hot chicks" thread
I like the kind that give you candy the best.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
yes. i do.

my bus drives by a retirement home thats building a new addition to their current building...
dammit.

EDIT:
Quote by bradulator
I like the kind that give you candy the best.

what about teh bitchin chocolate chip cookies?
ehh
Quote by pumpkins_rule
You're an asshole. How do you think it feels to work hard all your life only to become more and more immobile, gradually lose your memory and become the laughing stock of society? Many elderly people have worked hard all their life and the least you could do would be to show some respect.

Looks like we have an old fogie right here in our Pit! Get 'im boys!
The kind I hate are the ones that drive really really slowly.

Nothing else I can think of that bothers me.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Quote by pumpkins_rule

yes, and when you get to that age, regardless what you have completed in life, your grandchildren will already be hating your kind. you just remember that.
ehh
Lol, I just had to say, that I thought that rant was hilarious. It was almost a convincing argument, even though it wasn't supposed to be.

I don't really have an opinion on old people... I've barely had to deal with any, ever.
i don't know many old people but my grandma is pretty cool cause she gives me like 100+ dollars every birthday/christmas(which happens to be 5 days apart from each other)
my grandma just plays bridge and does crossword puzzles, and does the meals on wheels type thing all day. There are some cool old people

allot of them smell really bad though.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Quote by pumpkins_rule

Well, we're going to find out, aren't we?

The only old people that deserve respect are the ones that earn it. Being old isn't a fair basis. After all, Charlie Manson is old.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by TheArtfulDodger
That's cute, 1989? aren't YOU the youth of today?

Yes, yes I am. Your point?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Well, we're going to find out, aren't we?

The only old people that deserve respect are the ones that earn it. Being old isn't a fair basis. After all, Charlie Manson is old.

Well yeah, but unless I know for a fact an old person hasn't worked a long time I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because they have to put up with so much sh!t.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Nobody likes old people, we just tolerate them because they're weak, small and hard of hearing.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Yes, yes I am. Your point?

I'm just musing on the fact that you seem to be quite the pro at "hillariously" generalizing groups of people, despite the fact that one of the groups you mentioned is one of which you are clearly apart.
Page 1 of 2