I'm trying to learn Elliot Smith's "Angeles"...and I guess it requires "Travis Picking"; which is very new to me. Can anyone guide me to a good and proper tutorial online or wherever...

Another question, if you do know Travis picking, how long did it take you to pick it up perfectly? "Angeles" is such a damn good song...
I'll admit, I'm a bit curious myself because I'm not sure how Travis Picking differs from standard fingerstyle. Maybe it's a bit of a newb question, but I've never heard anyone differenciate the two.

Aside, checked out the song on youtube, very cool
From what I understand, Travis picking is:

Thumb on 4, 5, and 6
Index finger on 3
Middle finger on 2

And any high notes on the first string usually get attacked by the middle finger, too.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.
Travis picking is a technique very common in Popular songs from people like the Beatles to Kansas. The fingering is correct from what he said. Your best bet is to learn a song like Dust in the wind. It's difficult but yet easy enough that you can do it. After your fingers memorize the pattern it's quite easy. The trouble comes with the correct rests and the difficult chords that can be associated with the style. I'm writing this because when I started learning guitar it was like the fourth lesson right after basic arpeggios because it allows you to start playing fast which builds your confidence.