I have run into a mess of problems with my setup, luckily none are with the gear itself, but with my choices.

Problem #1 - I've decided that I want to downsize my rig to one cabinet, either a 4x10 or a 2x12, and I'm not sure which I want.

Problem #2 - There are too many damn cabinets I want

Problem #3 - Price, I'll be selling both my cabinets and hopefully make around $400-$450 from them and I can't really spend a whole lot of money right now if I don't have to.

Cabinet choices

2x12
-handles 500 watts
-weighs 56 lbs
-choice of ohm rating
Gallien Kruger Neo 212- $600
-handles 600 watts
-weighs 64 lbs
-only 8 ohm

4x10
-handles 1000 watts
-65 lbs
-choice of ohm rating
Gallien Krueger Backline 4x10 - $299
-I know what you're thinking, "You're comparing a Backline to the Neo series and Avatars? Have you gone mad sir!?"
-No, no I have not. When I compared my SVT 15" to my Backline 2x10 the GK sounded FAR superior overall, I've always loved the way GK cabinets sound
-handles 400 watts
-93 lbs
-only 8 ohm
Gallien Krueger SBX 4x10 - $399
-handles 800 watts (!this doesn't seem right, but that's what GK.com says!)
-91.5 lbs
-8 ohm rating
-compact

NOW, my question....

IF you were me and in this situation, what would you pick and why?

I wouldn't be asking this if I had acess to each of these cabinets to try myself but I've only seen the Backline series in all of my local guitar shops. I've narrowed it down to these cabinets based on MusiciansFriend, Harmony Central, and other website reviews, overall knowledge of the companies and experience with gear.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
You need to try them out. Simple as. I know you say you don't have access to them. Two simple answers: go somewhere you can try these out, or don't buy these. Wait, you're in upstate NY and can't find these? Why not go into NY or somewhere for a day and just try, try, try? It's so up to personal preference, and you really can't judge by what's on paper. Something might look spectacular on paper but it might be a little lacking int the low department. Conversely something might look pretty poor on paper, but the sound just kicks. There's no way to judge without trying.
never trust reviews posted in sales catalogs/web sites. they are intended to lead you to buy what they can't sell. most of those reviews are posted by the sales force, of any given company. you obviously have made up your mind that Ashdown and GK
are the sh*t. although most pro bassist use Ampeg. i recommend a used amp. i also recommend you play an Ampeg before deciding. let your ears do the walking.
Again, if reviews aren't made by people who are on the sales staff, then they're made by people 2 weeks after getting a piece of gear. That is not enough time to know your gear. It's been 6 months and I still don't know the full potential of my J 24.
Well on Avatar's website they have a review from Bass Guitar magazine where they test the 2x12 and 4x10 and they both got amazing reviews.

The GK 2x12 is the least likely because of price right now..but it's still a possibility.

No offense lespaul...but uh...did...did you even read what I wrote?
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
Well on Avatar's website they have a review from Bass Guitar magazine where they test the 2x12 and 4x10 and they both got amazing reviews.

The GK 2x12 is the least likely because of price right now..but it's still a possibility.

Sound is about moving air especialy for Bass, more surface area more air moved, use you ears; you must be happy with the sound you produce, at the end of the day it's just a box with loudspeakers in it, you've got to decide which sounds best to you.
And no offence but listen to 83lespaulstudio
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Well I don't really like Ampeg, which is why I'm selling the Ampeg cabinet I have now, and I didn't mention Ashdown in my first post, it was Avatar.

I'm not really asking what you think I should do, my question was if you were me in this situation, what would you do and why?
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219

of course, and no offense taken, this is open dialog. but comparing a 15" to a 2x10", is apples to oranges. i feel sure on there own, the 15" cab was more boomy and less, sparkley, where as the 2x10's were clearer but with less bottom. i'm also sure that the SVT 15 cab would survive a live setting, way better than the 2x10 cab. if combined, now that would be a rig for gigging.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
of course, and no offense taken, this is open dialog. but comparing a 15" to a 2x10", is apples to oranges. i feel sure on there own, the 15" cab was more boomy and less, sparkley, where as the 2x10's were clearer but with less bottom. i'm also sure that the SVT 15 cab would survive a live setting, way better than the 2x10 cab. if combined, now that would be a rig for gigging.

I'm sorry if I came off as a jerk, I didn't mean to.

Anyway, I do use the GK 2x10 and SVT 15" for gigs, they're a really great cabinets...together. I'd just like to downsize to one cabinet that is great all around, know what I mean? The less I have to haul the better.

By itself the SVT just sounds flat and transparent, in a bad way. It has no...I don't know...I just plain don't like it.

I'm leaning towards the GK 4x10's or the Avatar 2x12 right now and if there's room I may stick a 10" in the Avatar for some more punch.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
you have the right set up, as is. imo, there is no way to downsize and keep the punch, you already have. you could add the 2x12 to fill the frequency void. but there is no single cab that weighs less, and sounds better than your current rig.
as John Swift said, it's about moving air. thats what rattles your bones. bass is about volume of air movement, combined with mass. a heavy cab will always sound more ominous, than a lighter one. if weight and convienence are a problem, consider the clarinet. (just joking). large and in charge, is bass.