ok, I'm the dude who was lookin at pawn shop guitars, I found an Ibanez and got it for $150 had some minor scratches, not noticable, and a fairly bad one on the back, but who cares about the back right? and it was missin one of the tone knobs, I got a temporary one from the guitar shop til I can find one that matches.

anyways, the problem:

first, off, it was fine in the store.

it has two volumes, one for each pickup. I took off all the knobs to clean it (it was pretty dirty) and when I put em back on I had to be sorta... forceful. Anyways, now the neck pickup doesn't work at all, I think it's something to do with the volume or possibly the tone knob (don't know much about this) for that pickup. I took off the panel in the back, and all the wires look like they're connected good. what could the problem be? would two naked parts of the wire be touching and screwing it up or maybe the solder's screwy on one or something? there's tons of wires in there and I'm not sure what any of em do.

I really need some help, if I can be walked through fixing it that'd be awesome, cuz I don't really feel like taking it to the local guitar store. If i have to I can, but I'd prefer to do it myself.

Edit, had my dad look at it, who knows about wiring and stuff. He said somebody did a really crappy job on it. not very good soldering, wires touching where they shouldn't. he moved the wires so that they weren't touching, and I got the middle position so that it was sorta workin, but i turn the volume all the way to 10 or 0 and get no sound, but in the middle I get sound.

I'm startin to think I should take it back....
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Oct 11, 2007,
That does sound worthy of taking back and probs explains why its second hand in the first place
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
That does sound worthy of taking back and probs explains why its second hand in the first place

EDIT: Ahh sorry didnt mean to double post :S i only sent one :S
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC