Right.
My guitar is a Fender American Hardtail Strat
I play blues, metal and rock on my own time (but I play it on the standard single coil, though you can suggest humbucker in the bridge if you wish).

More importantly - I play jazz professionally. The strat's clean tone is just a bit too chimey and bright. I still want chime, but I want something a little thicker and fuller sounding while still staying true single coil.

Amps, I own a Traynor Blue, and a Vox AD50VT, but on gigs, and when practicing I just pull in whatever's there - from Fender FM212's, to Roland Jazz Chorus' and more.
Lace Sensors. They basically keep the strat tone without being as harsh on the upper end, plus they have mad sustain and excellent quality control. I'd recommend a hot gold bridge and regular golds for mid and neck. It'll still sound like a strat just with more mids and less chime.

Actually California Specials (Lace still) or Power Sensors might be better in this case. The Power Sensors are apparently even a bit darker than the silver & golds... And personally I've found gold lace pickups to be a little weak; they're excellent, but not real gutsy.

If you really don't care about maintaining 'strat tone' then go for a Red-Silver-Blue set. The red will give you mad leads under gain, the blue at the neck is just amazing and the silver gives you more options...
Last edited by RadioMuse at Oct 12, 2007,
Lace Sensors. They basically keep the strat tone without being as harsh on the upper end, plus they have mad sustain and excellent quality control
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG